Infinity kappa perfect 10 question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hate when people say 'sounds like a 12', you shouldn't be able to tell anything besides distortion, frequency response cut-off/flatness and maximum output. For reference an 8 inch driver in a proper folded horn can output flat to 25 hz at a level equal to a 15 in a ported box. There are several high end subs from stereo integrity designed to be used in undersized enclosures and will provide more linear travel and power handling but they cost 250$, if I had limited space I'd go with that. Until then I'll keep my lab12 loaded 8 cubic foot folded horn playing at low power because it simply doesn't distort at any reasonable level.

I hate when people say 'sounds like a 12', you shouldn't be able to tell anything besides distortion, frequency response cut-off/flatness and maximum output. For reference an 8 inch driver in a proper folded horn can output flat to 25 hz at a level equal to a 15 in a ported box. There are several high end subs from stereo integrity designed to be used in undersized enclosures and will provide more linear travel and power handling but they cost 250$, if I had limited space I'd go with that. Until then I'll keep my lab12 loaded 8 cubic foot folded horn playing at low power because it simply doesn't distort at any reasonable level.
Very interesting ... How hard is it to build a folded horn enclosure?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.