ignore list

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
So what are you waiting for! You're in BC!

Indeed. Probably this weekend!

FYI, unlike Vancouver / LML / Island, we here in the interior actually get some Winter. In Kamloops specifically, it usually starts around mid-December and goes till end of February or early March. That can easily be extended by a month on either end by traveling to higher altitudes. "Winter when you want it" is a local expression.

Didn’t even know you could set an ignore feature. Not really sure why you would. Why be so uptight about anything. Like to hear what people thought was so bad that they had to block. Instead of just ignore.

People are overly sensitive cant handle reality. I got banned for making a comment on this topic by calling some one a pussy in which its not even a censored word. The term pussy is slang for someone with feminine qualities that are overly sensitive and or a coward.

Freedom of speech are no longer free especially on these types of forums.

If they don't like what you say they will "ERASE" ones post and ban them for a couple of weeks sweeping things under the rug as if nothing happened.

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if they erased this post which would further prove my point.

Last edited:
Pano has never upset me! I'm sure I've annoyed him sometimes with off-topicness...:eek:

I used to be a moderator at an obscure computer hardware site. It's hugely time consuming and occasionally quite upsetting.

And we had some severely deranged members.

For all that, ignore lists just don't work for me.

I need to follow the flow of the thread.

This forum cannot do without moderation.
But to maintain quality everyone should look critically at his/her post before posting; that's where moderation starts.
We cannot depend on just a moderator to maintain the quality we have.
We all likely break some rule sooner or later; moderators also do.
When I see someone obviously breaking some rule I simply report; that makes it a bit easier for moderation to act.
Besides, I spend a PM to the member whose post was reported because I don't find it necessary to hide and play secret games.
Ignore lists do not work, and are not necessary when we all do some moderation.
Just my 2 cents.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I never understood why freedom of speech would mean you should throw around personal insults to someone.

I mean, if I don't agree with some technical argument, what does it bring me to call someone an a*sh*le? Does that not say more about me than about the other guy?
Lots of people seem to want freedom of speech without the responsibility. Pretty one-way I should think

BTW Daan in principle I agree with you, but I like to use the ignore list to cut down on reading cr*p.
In my experience, people who write cr*p posts do it as a matter of routine.

Jan

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.