Ignorance as a resource

Status
Not open for further replies.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Being a bit philosophical: for the constitution, all men (women also) are equal. All persons should be treated equally in equal circumstances. Most people will agree to that.

But not all people have equal capabilities. Some are smart, are proactive, can 'sell' themselves. Others are passive, don't go out to study something that interests them, and just wait until something happens to them.

Invariably, the first group will take advantage of the second group, in many different ways, and not out of malignancy.

I don't think there's any way to change that. It's a basic tenet of nature, of statistical variation if you want, that not all are created equal, even if we humans have evolved so far that we consider all of equal right.

Jan

To someone that knows nothing about a particular

Subject,

One might not be able to understand anything.

----------------------------------------

Yet,

Thanks for your input.

You have proved something to me.

Even though you may not know what it is .....

See Jan, you don't even have to do real work to curate a list of gullible people, they self-organize and identify themselves readily :D.

Generally, it is the cu7stom that whoever makes a claim provides some proof or facts and figures. Throwing up some wild statement and then ask others to prove it wrong generally is not a good career move ;-)

Jan

So,

You can't prove me wrong?

I actually made an effort,

To keep that easy to understand .

----------------------------------------------

As a career move,

I'll contemplate that more fully,

As i enjoy this weekend @The Four Seasons.

https://scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagra...n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagram.com

Last edited:
And I thought it's the other way around. The second group reaping social and economic benefits from the first, by the benevolence of his majesty the Government.

I think if we put away the government teet it would certainly separate the wheat from the chaff.....now oth some people need and deserve help but there’s a pretty high percentage that make a career of defrauding the system.

I know families with several generations of ‘check seekers’

In this case the government (and tax payer)would be the ignorant party getting used as a resource!

Last edited:
The funny part was me picturing anyone that I know on welfare (and there’s several) being ‘responsible’ with their assistance!
Seems it just enables them to buy gas, bullets, beer, and drugs.

Disclaimer.....I’m not lumping all that’s on welfare, I’m sure there are plenty of hard working people just trying to get their act together (and probably will)
It’s just not in my line of sight.

The funny part was me picturing anyone that I know on welfare (and there’s several) being ‘responsible’ with their assistance!
Seems it just enables them to buy gas, bullets, beer, and drugs.

Disclaimer.....I’m not lumping all that’s on welfare, I’m sure there are plenty of hard working people just trying to get their act together (and probably will)
It’s just not in my line of sight.

Maybe that's how it works in the panhandle, but not everywhere.

This topic is just going to end in a political argument, so maybe it's best not to continue for the sake of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.