• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ideal bridge rectifier GB

Again about center tapped.
Would something like that work?
I do not see why not.
Thanks
@audio

Attachments

• CenterTapped.jpg
    CenterTapped.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 115
@swak ,

Beside ability to work with center tapped transformers for differential power supply, Saligny Universal drive floating mosfets better than any other LT4320 synchronous rectifier.
Performance have been considerably improved in noise and power dissipated.
Another important aspect is that the design can be tailored to offer best performance for specific application - in terms of frequency, voltage, current.
To answer your question, yes, Saligny Universal sound better.

If I may 'popin' a stray word here (a bit off the subject) but the filter caps in any power supply have more influence on the power supply "sound" than the rectifiers - the LT synchronous ones are just that much quieter and provide better "details, transients, etc" (IMO here!) than say, soft recovery diodes + snubber networks and IME, the Saligny ones are just that much better again

I've used these types of rectifiers mainly in amplifiers like the First Watt, Hiraga 30W, etc (ie. class A amps, mostly lower PSSR) and use the 'normal' soft recovery diodes in the Salas type supplies for low current use, so no actual experience of the Saligny ones in low power use.
I would expect similar benefits particularly if coupled with good quality caps, transformers and regulators.

Surprisingly, I've come across situations that actually benefit the overall sound by using a 'rather average' quality power supplies in amps, etc but it's not all that common for higher performance equipment

Reactions: 1 user