ICEPower 50ASX2 plays then goes into Protection

Hello Frobek,.... good job with IcePower 50asx2 amplifier solution !!! ....I have a doubt and I need your help, now I have another brick on the bench......haha......my Icepower 50asx2 have the same symtom, I have already removed the silicon and I have discovered the resistors two of 62K (one it's ok other is broken) but the others that you say as resistors it don't have code and color is blue, one of these measures 5K and other is open..... but seems to be both is a capacitors ....really are resistors smd 5K ???......Thanks in advance.

Ok, thanks !!, I have other quiestion...., do you know if a IcePower 50asx2 stereo config it's possible convert to BTL config changing only the bridge W401 to W400 or requires some other changes ???.........Thanks in advance.
Yes, but you do have to have a bridge converter to feed the two inputs with anti-phase signals. I did this for my bass practice combo amp. I have read on here that there is a resistor change that does make the SE a BTL, but I have no problem just bridging the amp.

Yes, but you do have to have a bridge converter to feed the two inputs with anti-phase signals. I did this for my bass practice combo amp. I have read on here that there is a resistor change that does make the SE a BTL, but I have no problem just bridging the amp.
Hello Chienmort, sure !! This change is for my Rumble 200 Fender bass combo, this amp have a preamp with output anti-phase signals for connection to ICE BTL amp, now I have done the bridge connection from SE to BTL and works fine....Thanks !!!

I know this is a old post, but was wondering if this same thing is my issue with a icpower1200as2? I get the same ON/OFF-standby switching on my module. Any suggestions? I think I will try my variac and see if this stops when the voltage is lowered. Thanks

@frobek

I see that you have solved the issue with the 50ASX2 amp, But I have the 1200as2 and having the same issue. I tried plugging it into my Variac and set the voltage around 92V, and it works great. But when the voltage is higher, it continues to switch ON-Standby modes. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks