I2S to AD1862

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Really appreciate your response, thank you Batteryman!

I had previously asked Ryan for his pcb gerbers to TRY and get started into analyzing how to on pcb design. Ryan graciously attached the gerbers - Thanks, Ryan!! But learning curve is a bit challenging. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks!

I will think about your suggestions, thanks again Batteryman.

You're welcome.

I'm an old dog so I know hard it is and give me through hole designs any day.

I have one of Ryan's pcbs but haven't assembled it yet.

I use Proteus 8 from Labcentre for my own pcbs as its quite easy to master although I've never used the schematic capture.

I just stumbled on this and find it very similar with the exception of another IC. Was thinking of using this on a TDA1541a under simultaneous mode but too ignorant to know whether this can function without MCLK since RPI I2S only outputs BCK, LRCLK, & SData.

Do you know if this can function as I2S to Simultaneous converter?

I have not tried or know about TDA1541 in simultaneous mode so I don't know.

I wouldn't buy that converter - it's hugely overpriced - I paid US$11 for mine. China pays next to nothing for international shipping under global agreements, so that is just a huge rip off.

As I understand it, it's basically a copy of Pavouk's design with an additional buffer (for simultaneous signals?). More rip off. PRC = The People's Republic of Copies.

Here's Pavouk's pages.
AD1865 based audio DAC with I2S input and voltage output
DAC with two PCM1704

Last edited:
I have not tried or know about TDA1541 in simultaneous mode so I don't know.

I wouldn't buy that converter - it's hugely overpriced - I paid US$11 for mine. China pays next to nothing for international shipping under global agreements, so that is just a huge rip off.

As I understand it, it's basically a copy of Pavouk's design with an additional buffer (for simultaneous signals?). More rip off. PRC = The People's Republic of Copies.

Here's Pavouk's pages.
AD1865 based audio DAC with I2S input and voltage output
DAC with two PCM1704

LOL, nice PRC (copies!) Oh wow, didn't know international shipping from PRC is low for seller, not too comforting then. I'll search for Pavouk's design and see, thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.