I thought DIYAUDIO was "apolitical"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
xanex, chrystal meth, pot and tequilla

Nice combo you got there. Just what the doctor ordered. You should post that recipe on the food thread. Specifying - food for the soul.

I saw some girls on the top of the page the other day but, alas, too late (I was already clicking the exit button). When I tried to reload them they were GONE. Life's a bitch.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
We've recently turned on Google image ads (previously we were only showing Google text ads) which is why you're now seeing ads that are relevant to other websites you've visited.

I'd like to be only showing the most relevant ads and over the coming weeks will be tuning things to make the experience as relevant as possible, especially for registered members. I've now turned off political ads, along with ads for weight loss, gambling, sexual health and boy bands.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
which is why you're now seeing ads that are relevant to other websites you've visited.

Don't think so. I'm not looking for a partner, never was. Girls are OK but this it's just annoying. He wants to meet me.

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 181
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Don't think so. I'm not looking for a partner, never was. Girls are OK but this it's just annoying. He wants to meet me.

Actually I turned off the interest based ads last Friday to see what the difference would be, but in doing some further research just now, that only prevents Google from using demographic information to target the ads. It will still use previous interactions with advertiser websites to serve what it thinks is the most relevant ad.

For the above ad (or any ad that you find inappropriate), just click through on the ad to find the URL and PM it to me, and I can block that website permanently from ever having its ads shown.

Thanks for your support :)

Last edited:
For the above ad (or any ad that you find inappropriate), just click through on the ad to find the URL and PM it to me, and I can block that website permanently from ever having its ads shown.

I find them amusing. The ads here are still 10 to 20 db better than those shown on my local ISP's web mail service which is Yahoo based. They miss their targets by a mile.

Somehow they think I need a luxury car, a dream vacation, home refinancing, to return to college, and better clothes, they maybe on target here, but I would never wear what they are showing (business suits).

Somehow they think I need a luxury car, a dream vacation, home refinancing, to return to college, and better clothes, they maybe on target here, but I would never wear what they are showing (business suits).

I think they may actually be on to something...subliminal works ... if you react and recall so perceptively :)

at least they didn't include deodorant, anti-dandruff shampoo and mouthwash.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
all in good fun Cassiel

That's what the Lounge is for, isn't it? The place to prove accusations (coming from all over the world) concerning audiophiles are wrong. There's a chance audiophiles may have a sense of humor after all. Still debatable. Hold on, maybe not, maybe this is the place to prove Einstein was wrong after all.

Just to keep myself on topic (is it really necessary?) I will say I don't give a rat's *** about the ads 'issue'. Ads or no ads it makes no difference to me. I can still read the threads, see the pics, etc.

I think they may actually be on to something...subliminal works ... if you react and recall so perceptively

I seem to remember all the irritating ads on TV, but I can't remember what they are selling.

Uh-Oh, the system is BUSTED. Both ads are actually relevant this time. The one at the top is selling Jan's books (I actually bought 2 of them) and the one at the right is selling some kind of wireless speakers for a primitive music device called iPOD.

I don't see the google ads on here because I'm a contributor see. But I wish I would see the paid for banners on this site. As they might actually have something of interest for me.

However something or someone sends me emails and they know EXACTLY what I want: A bigger penis, a college degree, hair on my head, a harder penis, weight loss, a job, a date, the grand prize in a lottery, an chinese, thai, russian or indian woman, a cheap watch that looks like an expensive watch, white teeth, how to last longer during "lovemaking" and even the ability to give women orgasms. (never mind one!! they can actually teach me how to give several that last for hours!!!) and last but not least. How to make her BEG for MORE? Can you believe that?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.