• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

I need to ask...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not sure where to put this, so I'll post it here (mods feel free to move it).

I placed an order with Parts Connexion 9 days ago and haven't heard a word from them. Is this normal?
After a few days I called them to make sure they got it... A very nice guy told me they would weigh it and send me a shipping quote. That was 7 days ago. Admittedly, the world won't end if I can't begin construction right away, but I'm just not accustomed to a delay like this with no word at all... I even sent an email a few days ago hoping to speed things up, but still nothing. Am I out of line to think communication should happen at a faster pace? Does anyone here know of any way to accelerate this process?

I'm don't want to give off the impression that I'm mad at them. I'm just a bit disappointed. I think because I've become accustomed to suppliers like Mouser and Digikey, the norm for me is same day shipment and automated email confirmations etc... Unfortunately, neither carry the parts I'm looking for.:xeye:. Should I just call them at this point?

Hi Greyskale,

Over the years I've ordered a lot from them and 99% of the time received the parts within two days. That 1% ..... I had to call because several days had gone by and hadn't recieved my order. When I did call I got a nice young lady who made sure I received my order the next day. I've always had outstanding service from them! I'd call again.

Good luck
Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.