I don't believe cables make a difference, any input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people do you know who bought their hifi going in a store with their LCR meters and measure the system?
None

How many times have you judged a live sound by using your LCR meter?
None

Have you ever measured a system and measured well but didn't like its sound?
Yes, that's why I build my own speakers. They sound 'better' than the ruler flat ones.

If yes,would you force yourself to own and listen to such system?
Never, see above

How many people do you know who bought their hifi going in a store with their LCR meters and measure the system?How many times have you judged a live sound by using your LCR meter?

None and never, because if they really try to measure with a LCR meter they very obviously don't know anything about acoustic measurements and just embarrass themselves. Have you ever tried to measure temperature with a yard stick?

How many people do you know who bought their hifi going in a store with their LCR meters and measure the system?How many times have you judged a live sound by using your LCR meter?
Aren't you listening to your system?Who's getting the satisfaction,you or your meter?Have you ever measured a system and measured well but didn't like its sound?If yes,would you force yourself to own and listen to such system?

I do nothing by ear. My systems were and still are designed entirely from measurements. If your system measures well but doesn't sound good then you are measuring the wrong things. I don't measure what is usually measured and I pretty much ignore what is usually measured.

Does this work? Read my reviews.

I do nothing by ear. My systems were and still are designed entirely from measurements. If your system measures well but doesn't sound good then you are measuring the wrong things. I don't measure what is usually measured and I pretty much ignore what is usually measured.

Does this work? Read my reviews.

What really matters,is if it works for you.If it does,enjoy it.

Don't know what HiFi really means but there's live music and then there's recording, mixing and reproduction commonly known as sound reproduction. The latter is exclusively a technical process so there is accuracy or the lack of it. No magic there.

Ok,

We agree on music.It is there,it is accurate,and when it is over is over.History.
Recording and mixing is the way to store a musical event.
Hifi,or reproduction system(call it whatever you like)is trying to mimick the sound of the recording system faithfully.
Right,no magic.Magic has gone by the time the live event ended.

Don't know what HiFi really means but there's live music and then there's recording, mixing and reproduction commonly known as sound reproduction. The latter is exclusively a technical process so there is accuracy or the lack of it. No magic there.

Nothing beat the recordings that are made whith musicians on stage,
that is, live music.
Studio made sound is crappy, as it lacks the sounds that are modulating
in the air in real time playings..

Ok,

We agree on music.It is there,it is accurate,and when it is over is over.History.
Recording and mixing is the way to store a musical event.
Hifi,or reproduction system(call it whatever you like)is trying to mimick the sound of the recording system faithfully.
Right,no magic.Magic has gone by the time the live event ended.

Nothing beat the recordings that are made whith musicians on stage,
that is, live music.
Studio made sound is crappy, as it lacks the sounds that are modulating
in the air in real time playings..

Nobody forces you to listen to recordings if live sound is all you're interested in.

Nobody forces you to listen to recordings if live sound is all you're interested in.

Of course not.But each live performance is unique.Without having it recorded,you can't listen to it again.A playback system that sounds good to your ears,allows you to enjoy recorded music even if these recordings are not perfect or accurate.Tuning the playback system as close as possible to your personal preferences,will eventually offer some pleasant musical moments:)

Of course not.But each live performance is unique.Without having it recorded,you can't listen to it again.A playback system that sounds good to your ears,allows you to enjoy recorded music even if these recordings are not perfect or accurate.Tuning the playback system as close as possible to your personal preferences,will eventually offer some pleasant musical moments:)

Olive has some data that the more accurate the reproduction the higher the preference. Audio Musings by Sean Olive

Status
Not open for further replies.