I don't believe cables make a difference, any input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JBL was criticized in the latest 'Absolute Sound' for its presentation at RMAF. Aren't they designed, or at least approved by the double blind tester, Floyd Toole, himself?

I am actually telling the truth as I see it. The rest of you, I wonder about.

2 channel bidniz is dead , dats the truth , well for 95 % of those involved in it and who are currently operating on rigor mortis .

Are great things happening ? ... absolutley but the bidniz is A/V driven and this is where it will survive.

I said that before here, some people are deaf about cables so they will never beleave that cables make a difference. Cables are a quite linear filters so can be compensated for in active systems. what makes it unpedictable is that cables are put in any not defined system and differences appear. A whole industry is based on that.

Aren't cables /wires nothing more than simple RLC circuits ? there will always be a difference if the RLC circuit is different ..

Interestingly enough, at THE SHOW this week, I had a long discussion with a professional photographer. I mentioned the special process I had seen for photographing, and therefore preserving the Picasso, etc, paintings at famous museums around the world. He scoffed that it was virtually impossible to capture the painting on any film. I presume because of the 2 dimensional nature of the photograph, but there may be more to it.

Well I am a bit of a Steve Hewlett zealot I think. So I would probably tend to stick with IAG speakers for absolute bang for your buck. Not saying there aren't other speakers at that price point on par or better - probably are. But to me him and IAG were some of the first this century to raise the bar of what you should expect from a speaker at an entry level price point. What are we talking about bare bones as cheap as you can get entry level? Or a specific budget here?

Key;2046531 What are we talking about bare bones as cheap as you can get entry level? Or a specific budget here?[/QUOTE said:
Good question.I don't know what everyone means by "entry" system.For me it should be something to beat a marantz cd63se,audiolab 8000a amp,and rogers LS6a/2 speaker,and cost around $1500(60% of the price of the above system) if it will be a good value too,today.Maximum could be $2500(the price of the above system when was new)

Posted by Joachim Gerhard -

"If i had more time i whould start a thread that inteligence is the enemy of good sound."

"Good sound just happens or not. You can not force it by scientific scrutinity."

"This is because some of the contributors here are not willing or able to enter an inteligent discussion."

"It simply can not be proved to make a difference."

"For me it has more to do with intuittion and experience and a god given talent that can not be measured or quantified."
Wow.

Anyways...

Would you accept that I've been having three-ways with Scarlett Johanssen and Reese Witherspoon, but they're keeping it secret?

Any pictures? (Not looking for proof. Merely titillation.)

Once again, the DBT fools the ear-brain combination to NOT hearing differences.

I see. That seems far more likely than the reverse.

simon7000I
had to put tone controls on my office preamp because all the roadies who stop by don't think things sound right without a 150hz or so boost.

If only they would listen when you show them measurements, instead of just trusting their perceptions, eh??

Steve: My own experience was different. I was confident that I could hear the differences (certain to the level of someone like Andrea). Then level match, blind, and... well, that was a revelation to me.

However, I've seen it more often go the way you describe: "Whaddaya mean I only got 50% identification?!?" That's when the excuse-making and rationalization goes into high gear. Anything but acceptance of what their ears told them. The exact opposite of "trust your ears."

Status
Not open for further replies.