Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruno, I just sat and read the datasheet on power pins from the SMPS and thought of a possible improvement there.

You have the pins numbered with their function, but since they are all nicely colored why not add the color of the cable as an extra column?

And another indirect question:

The reason for multiple cables with the same function is for simplicity of avoiding some larger cables so that all can be connected with the nice molex connector?

I'm planning the soldering to combine the PS-cables so I can drive two modules from one SMPS, and soldering 7 joints by combining the grounds and the voltage outputs means less soldering for me than If I connect each pin without combining. But since I didn't design the module I might as well ask if that would be a problem =)

// Olle

:wave2: :sad: :idea: :grouphug::spin:
Hi all,

The discussion about enclosure seems to have died, but i did not.
- hifi2000/modushop enclosure, the slimline 01/350 (internal 415x350x40)
- 6x nCore (Linkwitzlab Orion) upside down for better cooling
- 1 or 2x smps400 (smps600 wont fit for its heigth)
- backside with all Neutrik Powercon/Speakon and jack/xlr connections
- modular front with changeable modable black plastic plate

What do you guys think?

:wave2s: :yell: :treasure: :happy1::lickface:

So, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• AMP 2012 ncore.jpg
    AMP 2012 ncore.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 781
Last edited:
You have the pins numbered with their function, but since they are all nicely colored why not add the color of the cable as an extra column?
The reason for multiple cables with the same function is for simplicity of avoiding some larger cables so that all can be connected with the nice molex connector?
When I wrote the data sheet I wasn't even aware they were going to use different colours. It's worth adding.

The multiple pins are indeed parallelled.

Hi guys !

I`m in need of a XLR to RCA adapter to connect my unbalanced pre amp to the Ncore amp with XLR input .
I want to be able to use my preferred RCA cable ( very costly and lasertech welded)this means that I`ll not be able to mount a XLR directly to the cable end! Therefore I need a XLR to RCA adapter solution.
I already have a std XLR to RCA adapter, but I´m not sure if it`s internally wired correctly, to be used in this setup.
Any suggestion of how the XLR adapter should be wired internally ???

PS: A drawing of the solution would be very much appreciated .

Regards Gonzax

Hi guys !

I`m in need of a XLR to RCA adapter to connect my unbalanced pre amp to the Ncore amp with XLR input .
I want to be able to use my preferred RCA cable ( very costly and lasertech welded)this means that I`ll not be able to mount a XLR directly to the cable end! Therefore I need a XLR to RCA adapter solution.
I already have a std XLR to RCA adapter, but I´m not sure if it`s internally wired correctly, to be used in this setup.
Any suggestion of how the XLR adapter should be wired internally ???

PS: A drawing of the solution would be very much appreciated .

Regards Gonzax

Gonzax

Cardas and Neutrik both do a similar adapter and each one should work just fine.
The wiring is the same as the diagram in the NCore datasheet which shows how to connect an unbalanced (RCA) source to the XLR balanced input preferred by Bruno.

Gonzax

Cardas and Neutrik both do a similar adapter and each one should work just fine.
The wiring is the same as the diagram in the NCore datasheet which shows how to connect an unbalanced (RCA) source to the XLR balanced input preferred by Bruno.

Gonzax

Parts ConneXion - The authority on hi-fi DIY parts and components do the Cardas @ $69 per pair and the Neutrik part ref is NA2MPMF at Neutrik - Audio - Circular Adapters I would think that the Neutriks are much cheaper.

Cheers. John

Any adapter will degrade the signal to some extent. Only you can decide if this is acceptable. Regards

John

I agree and we at acousticimagery - HOME supply our D400M power amps with a ViaBlue RCA-XLR cable so that there is no need for an adapter. But, Gonzax did say that he wanted to use his favourite RCA-RCA cable so maybe he should decide whether the best option is to use phono sockets on the power amp in accordance with the '2nd best' option in the datasheet for NC400.....a sonic conundram!
I personally, would always have an XLR input to any power amp. Our preamp has RCA output sockets for purely practical reasons in a 'one box' design. Future plans include a fully balanced pre amp with XLR outputs.

John

I agree and we at acousticimagery - HOME supply our D400M power amps with a ViaBlue RCA-XLR cable so that there is no need for an adapter. But, Gonzax did say that he wanted to use his favourite RCA-RCA cable so maybe he should decide whether the best option is to use phono sockets on the power amp in accordance with the '2nd best' option in the datasheet for NC400.....a sonic conundram!
I personally, would always have an XLR input to any power amp. Our preamp has RCA output sockets for purely practical reasons in a 'one box' design. Future plans include a fully balanced pre amp with XLR outputs.

Actually we`ve just decided to avoid the XLR-PHONO adapter, and go for the phono & xlr socket solution instead :) Why I didn`t think of that in the first place is a mystery :confused:

Regards Gonzax

Status
Not open for further replies.