• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Hybrid amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have tryed it but I think it do not so well, why feedback when the amp has such low openloop, do not work, distortion without it is the same or even lower.

I have try also a fet driver, this do make high impedance for drivers, driving bjt with tubes do not go well most of the time, except when use super emittor follower.

the driver tubes has 750 ohm plate resistors, quite high with such low anode voltages.

regards

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_335 Jul. 10 13.17.jpg
    ScreenHunter_335 Jul. 10 13.17.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 343
  • ScreenHunter_336 Jul. 10 14.31.jpg
    ScreenHunter_336 Jul. 10 14.31.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 320
  • ScreenHunter_337 Jul. 10 14.35.jpg
    ScreenHunter_337 Jul. 10 14.35.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 310
Thank you
The feedback here is is used the most for to take offset stable on Zero and I know that it does not make so many difference about distortion.
You are right about the 750 resistors. This was the value of the firs tentative: after I choose 330 Ohm, but I forgot to correct the schematic I published. Sorry.
I noted that Sziklai BJT output stage offer a higher input impedance and require a lower quiescent current. It really didn't seemed to me that the tube driver had problems to drive it.
In the first tentative I used also mosfet, but I noted that was too much easy to burn up them on the higher picks of the audio driving signal. So I decided for BJT.
Any way: if the percent of the distortion I see on the graphics you posted is near to the reality, I have to confess that I am satisfied.
Thanks again for your time.

Exactly.
In reality it does not change so mauch....and in any way you will have to insert a second cap after the rectifier bridge, so you will not save neither money.
The signal has to cross the electrolytic caps in the power supply unit in any way. Also in case of a dual power supply unit with central tap secondary winding in the transformer.
The only solution for this problem is to adopt bridge power output stages, but everything has to be doubled....

The system for winding coils is begun, because now it is holiday here it is some more difficult to get parts, in some weeks holiday is over and we can start, the electronic design and software is diy, not made by me but it is an nice start and have the program in C.

I have also a ohter version with only a hex file but do look very nice, see picture 3. These is made by Mike Webb, seems that all is gone now because I did not find more about this guy like a further development.

Attachments

• coil-winder-PIC18F4550-based-controller-circuit-schematic.gif
    coil-winder-PIC18F4550-based-controller-circuit-schematic.gif
    27.8 KB · Views: 261
  • winderHome.png
    winderHome.png
    287.7 KB · Views: 245
  • Assembled.jpg
    Assembled.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Grizlek

Here is the hybrid, now you have some sim fun.

More I can not do, ready for build some finetune decoule caps and such,, but maybe you can I have a lot of work with home and judge, because of a woodstove the judge is, but have already won.

As it is ready I go make a stack for working, I hope soon that trouble is over.

The hybrid is a all plate follower you need to use amplifier tube be mu = 20 x 2 -8 is output voltage (fet) open loop, a higher mu you need feedback who is current.

regards

Attachments

• all platefollow-hybrid.asc
    13.2 KB · Views: 67
  • all platefollow-hybrid-vertical.asc
    15 KB · Views: 66
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.