How should we model aperiodic boxes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Small: ' DRIVER DAMPING AND VARIATIONS OF THE CLOSED-BOX SYSTEM

Hi All,

I made a .pdf of Small's unpublished: ' DRIVER DAMPING AND VARIATIONS OF THE CLOSED-BOX SYSTEM' paper that might be of help on how to model aperiodic enclosures, as transfer functions are given and comparisons ... gives a hint of the different merits of damping port and or the involved enclosure volumes.

b :)

PS: :eek: Sorry if I'm littering this forum: I've probably posted this before..

Attachments

• SMALL.pdf
    160.5 KB · Views: 438
I made a .pdf of Small's unpublished: ' DRIVER DAMPING AND VARIATIONS OF THE CLOSED-BOX SYSTEM' paper that might be of help on how to model aperiodic enclosures, as transfer functions are given and comparisons ... gives a hint of the different merits of damping port and or the involved enclosure volumes.
Thanks, I have never seen it before.
PS: :eek: Sorry if I'm littering this forum: I've probably posted this before.
That's a problem with forums. There should probably be a dedicated page/section to host useful documents.

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
problem is to get correct data from real damping material used in aperiodic speakers

This cannot be underestimated. I strongly suspect that if much better data (ie some) on charachteristics of high density damping of various sorts (i suspect differences in magnitude will grow with different materials as density increases) would give the MJK modeler more reach into adequately model aperiodic designs.

A lot of grunt work to do that.

dave

Excellent

Go back and [re]read the early posts. ;)

Thanks!

I was negligent at first.

Pretty much what I was looking for.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.