How many of you don't have a center channel in your theatre room?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"Do you prefer Yamaha or Onkyo?"
Sorry I can't answer that really. My second-hand Onkyo's LFE out is dumb! I take sub signal from main R pre-out and use the sub-amp's variable xo. T18s are in a closed box and I drive them Large. Not optimal but tolerable... strange lookin step-response! The set is used only occasionally and for fun, my no1 set is the living room system with AINOgradients as mains.

However I prefer my Yamaha over my Onkyo, but that is just a twink. Yammy is 10 years old, Onkyo perhaps 7 but with AudysseyII - which I don't like and don't use. I don't have high priority and demands for HT sound.

There is a dearth of affordable receivers with pre-outs these days - not surprising because the manufacturers are under pressure to save every penny. However, if you are a DIY handy I think you could add your own pre-outs but fitting some RCA connectors into the case and wiring them back to the inputs of the internal power amplifiers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.