Hornresp

Hornresp Update 3700-150319

Hi Everyone,

I found a subtle bug in the Microsoft Visual Basic programming language itself.

Code that works correctly when Hornresp is running in the Visual Basic design mode environment generates errors when compiled as an executable file.

Because I do most of my testing in the Visual Basic environment, the problem with the compiled Hornresp.exe file was not detected until very recently.

I have changed the source code where necessary, to overcome the problem.

To observe the bug:

1. Type 999999 into the S1 input parameter text box
2. Press the Enter key

A fatal run-time error is generated - see attachment.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 174
The 999999 runtime error is not present under win XP SP3, Intel P4 Single Core HT enabled, just tried it.

No 999999 error on Win 8.1 / Intel.

Edit: 37.00

Hi Sabbelbacke and DrDyna,

Thanks for the feedback. It seems that the problem only occurred with Product Number 3700-150309, and is now fixed.

Kind regards,

David

Synergy Sim Setup Steps

Team, I wanted to run a simulation of the 2 way Synergy model using the data from the first 2 screenshots attached in post #5319 on page 532 of this thread, but don't seem to be getting the same results as shown in the last 2 screenshots. I must be missing something. I did note that the 3rd & 4th screenshots showed "OD1 record 3" whereas mine (attached) only shows "OD1 record 2", and in my schematic the rear chamber looks much larger. I have downloaded the latest version of Hornresp for this. After activating the OD1 record I was double clicking it to change it from OD1 to OD, filling in the data for S2, and running the multiple entry horn wizard. Am I missing some step in between creating the OD1 record and the OD record? Or after activating the OD1 record, is there another way to create the OD record? I guess in post#5319 it is at step 5 I am not certain how to create the OD record after the OD1 has been activated. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• OD1record2.png
    OD1record2.png
    30 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Hi jamesdb,

I wanted to run a simulation of the 2 way Synergy model using the data from the first 2 screenshots attached in post #5319 on page 532 of this thread, but don't seem to be getting the same results as shown in the last 2 screenshots.

The input parameter values you are using in your OD1 record are not the same as those shown in Post #5319. You might like to also check that all your OD record values are correct.

I did note that the 3rd & 4th screenshots showed "OD1 record 3" whereas mine (attached) only shows "OD1 record 2",

"OD1 record 3" means that record number three is the currently activated OD1 record. In your case, record number two is the active OD1 record.

I am not certain how to create the OD record after the OD1 has been activated.

To create an OD record after the OD1 record has been activated, go to the first (default) record, click the Add button and then double-click the Nd label to change it to OD. Then edit the input parameter values as necessary.

Kind regards,

David