Hornresp

Error?

Hi David,

When I switch in the Loudspeaker Wizard / Power the center selection window to Driver, I get an incorrect acoustical power display. Seems to be the only window where this happens.

Regards,

Attachments

• Loudspeaker_Wizard_correct_dB.jpg
    Loudspeaker_Wizard_correct_dB.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 136
  • Loudspeaker_Wizard_error_box_driver_dB.jpg
    Loudspeaker_Wizard_error_box_driver_dB.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 139
  • TTL_01.txt
    985 bytes · Views: 33
Hornresp Update 3480-140607

Hi Everyone,

CHANGE 1

The following information has been added to the Introduction section of the Help file:

"A parabolic (Par) flare should be used when simulating a square or rectangular cross-sectional area horn segment having two parallel straight sides and two sloping straight sides, where the area varies linearly with axial length."

CHANGE 2

A Preview button has been added to the Export Horn Data tool. This allows the horn width, height and diameter profiles to be checked prior to data being exported. The diameter profile is the same as the main schematic diagram axisymmetric profile. Also, an explanatory note is now shown (in pink) whenever a Con, Exp or Uni width flare option is selected.

The above changes hopefully address the issues raised in the following thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/256920-par-vs-con-hornresp.html

The bug reported by Oliver in Post #4546 has also been fixed.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Attach_4.png
    Attach_4.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Attach_5.png
    Attach_5.png
    31 KB · Views: 71
Thanks for the quick fix, and the preview feature. That should be helpful.

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the ongoing feedback on problems encountered - I really appreciate it!

I was quite surprised that I hadn't noticed the driver bug myself at some stage during testing - it had been in the Loudspeaker Wizard from the very beginning, and its effect on the results was rather obvious :).

Personally, I am finding the new Preview feature to be very handy. It enables the horn data to be "sanity checked" prior to exporting, rather than having to export the data first, and then plot in Excel or similar to check.

Kind regards,

David

Yep.

To busy designing drivers as of late.

But I still use Hornresp for parameter validation and box sims.

I find the ability to tailor the driver parameters very useful to hit a design target as well.

One question I have.

Now that you are providing more realistic representations of the horns profile.

How far away from a graph paper print out are we?

As in profile over defined graph paper and print capability?

That way we could actually layout these little beasts in a much simpler manner.

How far away from a graph paper print out are we?
As in profile over defined graph paper and print capability?

Hi Mark,

The best that I can do is to make the raw data available as either a *.txt or a *.csv format export file.

It is up to the user to decide how to apply that exported data to drive the specific x-y plotter or printer that they may have.

Kind regards,

David

Hi Mark,

The best that I can do is to make the raw data available as either a *.txt or a *.csv format export file.

It is up to the user to decide how to apply that exported data to drive the specific x-y plotter or printer that they may have.

Kind regards,

David

Still better than nothing.

But I believe that is what we have available as of now.