Hook Up of -24 +24 Power Supply-Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Welborne Labs PS1 dual power supply module that had both -24 Vout and +24 Vout terminals and negative terminal. I need to feed a phono pre the 24VDC but the pre amps terminal is typical of a wall wart 2 pin female receptacle. The PS has a 3 pin male terminal in the chassis. I have the umbilical cord that has 3 pin female to the 2 pin male for the pre end.

How do I hook this up? I am not sure how a dual PS works and need a little help in understanding the - + V out. After a little research I am thinking that a dual supply is not what I should have here and just a + on one side PS.

Any help here much appreciated.

Last edited:
Think about the dual power rails as two batteries in series, in your case 2 x 24V batteries.

The top of one battery is +24V, the join between them is 0V and the bottom of the second battery is -24V.

If you want only +24V then you use the + connection and the 0V connection.

If in doubt measure between the 0V and +ve with a meter.

Think about the dual power rails as two batteries in series, in your case 2 x 24V batteries.

The top of one battery is +24V, the join between them is 0V and the bottom of the second battery is -24V.

If you want only +24V then you use the + connection and the 0V connection.

If in doubt measure between the 0V and +ve with a meter.

Thanks KatieandDad,
Does that mean that I use the 24V plus the ground? Also, am I correct to assume I am then only using one side of the PS that being the +24V side?

A picture might help. The power feed into the preamp will have at least three wires if its a 24-0-24 and just two if its a single ended supply.

Hey Mooly,
Long time:)

Looks like I just have 2 terminals to connect. One voltage and one ground.

Please see attached. Trying to do this on my mobile so not sure the attachment is there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    785.9 KB · Views: 107
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.