HIP4080 based amp repair help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have returned with more noobie questions, most of which being replacement questions this time.

Rail capacitors:
One of the 5 main caps has started to bulge and I would like to replace them. The Panasonic FC series do not offer any that fit physically. They are Samyoung NXB 80v 1000uF; 32mm tall, 18mm diameter, 7.5mm lead spacing. Samyoung does not list the specifications for the 80v anywhere that I could find but these look comparable to my untrained eye.
United Chemi-Con EKZN800ELL122MMN3S
Are these an appropriate substitute? I had a difficult time finding anything with similar specs that will physically fit hence the 1200uF substitution.

Gate resistors:
These got pretty hot at some point and I would like to install new ones proud of the board. Stock parts are 47 ohm, 5%, 1/4 watt size. They look to be flame retardant carbon film.
Proposed replacement: Stackpole Electronics CFM12JT47R0
They're a 1/2 watt in 1/4 watt size.

This last one I'm not sure on.
It appears to be a metallized polyester film 0.01uF 100v 5% cap. Other similar caps on the board are Daedong DMF caps.
It connects the ground plane (source) to the drain plane via two 22 ohm resistors in parallel.
These may be perfectly fine but are pretty scorched and don't clean up.
My proposed replacement: CDE 168103J100A-F
I think the cap and resistor arrangement is a filter but would like to understand their purpose in this location.

Thank you for tolerating my torrent of questions.

Attachments

• IMG_5355.JPG
    IMG_5355.JPG
    602.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5354.jpg
    IMG_5354.jpg
    624.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Secondary filter caps aren't generally stressed unless there is a problem. `100 in place of 1000 isn't likely to be a problem.

The gate resistors don't burn unless the FETs fail. 1/2 watt are overkill. Using flameproof is good. Metal film and metal oxide film are the most common in a ceramic coating.

The cap may be part of a snubber.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.