High voltage power supply module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
View attachment 673980

My only concerns is that it uses feedback and I am not sure how it can impact the sound.

Alternatively I will use this:

View attachment 673981

I don't think this uses feedback; it is an emitter follower (also sometimes called capacitance multiplier) and not a regulator as their is no feedback from the output to stabilize it.

Jan

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
in the meanwhile...

I have replaced BJT with MOSFET, the output impedance is really small, I have replaced 2sk170BL with 2sk117GR (Idss around 4mA), the output voltage drift is much smaller.

I can't see any difference in output voltage with my voltage meter when I add 22.4k load, 13.4mA, 4W

5 milliohm with 13.4mA is about 70uV. You probably can't see that on your DMM ...

Jan

> 5 milliohm with 13.4mA is about 70uV. You probably can't see that on your DMM ...

5mOhm comes from the simulation, not measurement, it is what I said: it's so small so I can't see the difference in the voltage meter and thank you for the input I am familiar with Ohm's law :) what I am not sure is if replacing the bjt with mosfet here like that is a good approach

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.