• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

High-End preamplifier with ECC82!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lets leave aside the silly topic about the source. I don't like this tube but I have some nice NOS 12AU7's so I built this preamp. It sounds quite good. Don't know the reasons why this tubet sounds good in mu follower and awful in a simple grounded cathode configuration (so don't ask me).

BTW, schematic was recommended by Bruce Rozentblitz. Probably misspelled.

EDIT - Mine has a different power supply.

I agree,I have built this same preamp,sounds nice with the 12AU7,but I thought I would do some tube rolling,and played with the power supply a little bit,decided to try a 6SN7 using same capacitor and resistor values,with tube power supply,using DC on the heaters,and what can I say, beautiful music. Especially using speakers with Planar drivers. Simply marvelous!

I agree,I have built this same preamp,sounds nice with the 12AU7,but I thought I would do some tube rolling,and played with the power supply a little bit,decided to try a 6SN7 using same capacitor and resistor values,with tube power supply,using DC on the heaters,and what can I say, beautiful music. Especially using speakers with Planar drivers. Simply marvelous!

So, In your opinion, the 6SN7 sounds better than the 12AU7....?

This has been my experience too...:)

Hello!
If you are unable to show schematics (circuit) with 6SN7 or 12UX7!?
thanks

Last edited:
I apologize!

I have just finished my ECC82 preamp. Have been testing it, changing tubes, listening. I am very satisfied with the sound.I used "cheap" plastic capacitors on the output, so during this weekend I am going to change them with some more exotic one. The pre is more like a prototype, and I will use it as an "testbench", while I will build me a new one?

DIY ECC802S (12AU7 / ECC82) Vacuum Tube SRPP Preamplifier

I have just finished my ECC82 preamp. Have been testing it, changing tubes, listening. I am very satisfied with the sound.I used "cheap" plastic capacitors on the output, so during this weekend I am going to change them with some more exotic one. The pre is more like a prototype, and I will use it as an "testbench", while I will build me a new one?

DIY ECC802S (12AU7 / ECC82) Vacuum Tube SRPP Preamplifier
Stenak, nice that you've made ​​this preamplifier with ECC82 (12UX7)!
I am interested in this preamplifier the attitude of odd and even harmonics ?!
:rolleyes::confused:
If you do some measurements please ask them here!
thanks

Hello ALL!;)
Here's the picture here shows the High-End preamplifier with ECC83, which I did.
Measurements are given below. Second harmonic is -47dB (0.76%), and the third is only -62dB ( 0.15%).
Here is the data and characteristics frekvensiska preamp, ... is it true High-End preamplifier with ECC83.:)
P.S.
I was looking for a project to exchange.... but that's it, we go ... poor English ...:
Cheers
Best Regard;)
Pozdrav zemjak!!

Friends here are the schematics (cicuit) of High End preamplifier with 12AX7 (ECC83).;):):)
Cheers

P.S.
Believe me, this preamplifier gives one truly (excellent) Valve/Tube sound !!!

Attachments

• High-End Preamplifier with 12AX7-1.pdf
    58.6 KB · Views: 277
  • Mesuarements-S.jpg
    Mesuarements-S.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 658
  • Tube Preamp_1.JPG
    Tube Preamp_1.JPG
    427.9 KB · Views: 663
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.