High end amplifier- For 4-8 ohm

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
No, but I am very sure that the sound will be exactly the same if not even better (less noise) if a normal-sized capacitor is used.
It's like putting a huge steering wheel from a big truck on your car and then pretending that your 150Hp car pulls like a 600Hp truck.
I started to feel sick from the fads and audiophile nonsense that I see on the net, including here on the forum.
You have not heard it. Have you seen the measurements?
I am feeling sick just by reading your nonsence.
You are in my ignore list now.

Reactions: 1 user
What about Ska 150 amp? I have 6 empty pcbs. My friend told that it has some problems so i did jot build it but i am curious how it sounds. He says resistors at Vas gets very hot. He says he used 10k instead of 2 pcs of 4k7. I now looked at schematic and problem may be because of this.( power dissipation)

Then I would replace the power transistors in the MT-200 packages with TO-247 or, even better, because more contoured and on point, TO-220.
No doubt: lm3875 and TDA2050 sound much better than complex discrete pp-designs - krell, accuphase, madrigal, cello... too!
I looked at chip schematics and they are also very complex inside the chip. So how can they sound nicer than complex discrete designs ?

It makes about +-41v
Indeed, some Chip Amps may be good options but your rails appear to be a bit too high. You may experience problems with heat transfer too. You may use this Chinese variant of The Blameless (see the image below). I have measured it and it appears to be fine for such power supply. It has low heat dissipation. Distortion is low and frequency response is fine. It is almost verbatim copy of The Blameless with all transistors still available from trustworthy suppliers, if you want to be sure everything is fine.
Good luck.
Blameless.Made.in.China.jpg

Hi. I already bought these blameless clones and waiting seller to ship since Sunday. He marked as shipped today but no tracking info yet. I will make 2-3 amplifiers including Tda2050 utc ( i can supply it cheap here ) Lm3886 paralelled which i bought many years ago.And blameless amp. I found 2-3 more transformers. I should rewind toroidal one and I will make case for all.

Attachments

• 20230322_164352.jpg
    20230322_164352.jpg
    580.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20230316_174601.jpg
    20230316_174601.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: 1 users
Here is a nice simple one .... .01% 20Khz/8R . not bad for 1980 type designs.
A lot of english companies used this to power Hitachi lateral MOSFET output stages. Works swell with a standard EF2 !
The THD this does have is H2 dominant. Cute amp.

Attachments

• Olde English.jpg
    Olde English.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 177
  • KT-Cordell models.txt
    57.3 KB · Views: 46
  • symasui-simple.asc
    14.1 KB · Views: 47