Hifonics Colossus X3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yes, i removed the transformer because of intermittend short. I insulated the windings, but forgot, how the windings was connected togheter to the board. I tried some options.. if i connect center taps to center board, i draws high current. The other option, is the center tap to the upper connection on bord, then it works normal, but if i measure voltage on the rectifiers, i have 0V at the inner connection, ( the inner connecteion between the to rectifiers is connected to the center conection on the bord). Ground probe at B-

I'm not sure I understand the confusion. The windings typically alternate (notice gold and violet in the image below). The two in the center are typically connected together.

You could have a problem with a shorted transformer. I've only worked on one amp like this and it had 2 bad transformers that required insulation be added to the windings to save them.

Attachments

• xfmr.png
    xfmr.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 58
So, i repaired the transformer with a special resin. My problem is still, that i dont know, how to bound the windings together, because i mixed during repair. On the transformer i have to secondary windings. The end of this windings i bound together as center tap. Then i have the aux winding for the op voltage. I bound them also to the center tap, and the open ends, as it was before to the diodes. I have voltage, but the fets on the side of this transformer slowly heats up, and i have no green light, as same no audio came out.

For shure i made something wrong with bounding this windings.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.