Hifonics Brutus 1500 hip 4080 issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
0.06 is not good. Check on resistance. They should both go towards the mega-ohm range.

Attachments

• DSCN1528x.jpg
    DSCN1528x.jpg
    548.2 KB · Views: 110
Perry,I feel like a total dumbass now.You just nailed the problem(really appreciate it)
The original cap was a 153h100.I had a 104j100 in that spot.I just swapped what I'm assuming is channel a from channel b and the resistor heat transferred to the other 10R resistor.I did order the right ones but don't have them yet.Can you explain why a fraction of a NF made such a chance?
I've over the years on various things used higher UF caps with no problems.I do refrigeration and change caps all the time without problems.Of coarse this is commercial related and not electronics based.If its to much to ask I can try to read about it on the net.
Thanks again

Sorry but I have a couple more questions..sorry
What's the potentiometer for (vr12) I believe I may have have came a crossed it in the tutorial.A lot of stuff to try to remember.
Also, this thing draws about 1.5 amps.Also from rca ground to speaker ground is 32 +vdc?
And 166K from rca ground shield to amp ground lug? Perhaps another issue or something I don't understand?

I'm so sorry for all the questions.Think there still may be a problem.The original burnt resistor still gets fairly hot.Just take a minute longer now.The other 10R stays room temp.
There's some static on the output with a speaker connected.The output is ever so slightly distorted.
Here's some pics of the low/high side outputs from the channel with burnt resistor.Actually both channels look the same.No input signal on these photos.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.