Hi Fi Class D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You could use a self oscillating circuit but one major difference is the propagation delay in yours will have to be several times shorter than anything I've seen designed on here, so it will probably have to use a fairly fancy comparator. The only way you're going to go that fast with lots of efficiency is to go multiphase or using the GaN FETs from EPC, or both.

How did you arrive at the necessity of such speed, not that I don't think it's there. You didn't say audio, just high fidelity.

Last edited:
Hi AP2,
I noticed a new stereo amp module DPA-2030 at audiopower.it. It looks like MDA-400 with SDA-400 on one board, with slightly less power and otherwise very similar specs. How good is this amp in terms of sound quality? Is it suitable for high quality hifi amp (for home listening)? Thanks.

Hi AP2,
I noticed a new stereo amp module DPA-2030 at audiopower.it. It looks like MDA-400 with SDA-400 on one board, with slightly less power and otherwise very similar specs. How good is this amp in terms of sound quality? Is it suitable for high quality hifi amp (for home listening)? Thanks.

Hi tcx,
Yes, clean up to full power and absolute absence of noise. very compact and complete amplifier.
:)...have not yet found the right amplifier..deep bass and voice hot as mospower A-B amplifier?

Regards

Hi tcx,
Yes, clean up to full power and absolute absence of noise. very compact and complete amplifier.
:)...have not yet found the right amplifier..deep bass and voice hot as mospower A-B amplifier?

Regards

Hi AP2,
well, I have been quite busy with other things last time and I still have to finish the amp based on the ZapPulse 800XE module. It is not so easy as I have a SMPS which provides +-20V aux voltages and the amp needs +-12V, so I have to finish a small board with voltage regulators. And I also have to modify an aluminium case for the amp.
What I especially appreciate on the DPA-2030 is that it is a complete stereo amp with SMPS on one board. I would just need to connect audio inputs, speaker terminals and power and can start to use it.
BTW, do you know its dimensions? I couldn't find them on the website.
Thanks.

Hi AP2,
well, I have been quite busy with other things last time and I still have to finish the amp based on the ZapPulse 800XE module. It is not so easy as I have a SMPS which provides +-20V aux voltages and the amp needs +-12V, so I have to finish a small board with voltage regulators. And I also have to modify an aluminium case for the amp.
What I especially appreciate on the DPA-2030 is that it is a complete stereo amp with SMPS on one board. I would just need to connect audio inputs, speaker terminals and power and can start to use it.
BTW, do you know its dimensions? I couldn't find them on the website.
Thanks.

Hi Tcx,
Yes, also it is complete of preamplifier with adeguate performances.
measure : 195x105x32mm, it is develop for 1U case.
Another good reason to complete the amplifier (in my opinion) is that the company provides the parameters of listening. (Developed and put everything together with special fitting works to get a characteristic sound.)

Regards

Last edited:
Hi AP2,
thanks for the information.
I somehow can't decide which amps from audiopower.it I should buy, to get the best sonic performance for home stereo hifi listening. I am bit confused by their offer. Would you help me to choose the right one, please?
The DPA-2030 seems to be the easiest to build and is reasonably priced.
I also considered two DXA-400 with one DPS-500.
Before DPA-2030 appeared, I considered MDA-400 + SDA-400.
Also dual DPA-200 comes to my mind.

They differ slightly in technical parameters but I do not know if the differences are important for my intention. Also they all are more than enough powerful for me.
So my question is which of them would you most recommend? Are there any significant differences in their sonic character?
Thank you very much in advance! And sorry for asking for your comments and recommendations several times.

Hi AP2,
thanks for the information.
I somehow can't decide which amps from audiopower.it I should buy, to get the best sonic performance for home stereo hifi listening. I am bit confused by their offer. Would you help me to choose the right one, please?
The DPA-2030 seems to be the easiest to build and is reasonably priced.
I also considered two DXA-400 with one DPS-500.
Before DPA-2030 appeared, I considered MDA-400 + SDA-400.
Also dual DPA-200 comes to my mind.

They differ slightly in technical parameters but I do not know if the differences are important for my intention. Also they all are more than enough powerful for me.
So my question is which of them would you most recommend? Are there any significant differences in their sonic character?
Thank you very much in advance! And sorry for asking for your comments and recommendations several times.

Hi TCX,
your doubts are correct, some products have not yet downloaded the datasheet.
I can tell you that the resolution is high in all products with very low intermodulation thd.
MDA-SDA is recommended for two or three-way audio system.
Two SDA is good for up to 2x400w rms power (4R).
I think the solution for you is the DPA-2030.
this amp also has protections in addition to the active offset correction.
MDA, SDA and DPA-2030 has excellent audio response with background noise imperceptible.

Regards

Thank you, AP2. Your information is much appreciated.
Also, I wanted to order DPS-400-S for another project but this smaller SMPS disappeared from audiopower.it website. Is it discontinued? Thanks.

Hi,
DPS-400-S was removed (it's only for 110VAC and low power) is not
convenient.
110VAC you use?
DPS-400 also has a really low price and all outputs are very clean.
if you see has been incorporated in the amplifier PCB.

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.