Help with Adcom GCD-575

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
It should have a link. If the pickup is in place then unsolder it with the iron and CD player disconnected from the mains to avoid any leakage currents. A quick dab of the hot iron will remove the solder.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 101
WTH would I do without you guys? So when you say mains I think you mean both need to be unplugged from the wall, correct?

It appears I will need to disassemble to get access to the dot, which is no problem.

Once it's hot, what do I use to remove it or will it stick to the point of the solder gun?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
No idea tbh :)

I remember field techs used to like them (in the old days of TV service) because they heated up instantly, and while that was acceptable for working on heavy duty stuff they were not suitable for fine work, and certainly not for static sensitive stuff.

Fixed!!!! Sort of...

The soldering iron worked!!!

Then I dropped the top white plastic gear that drives the pickup on the soldering iron and melted it!!!!!

Now it plays perfectly until it gets to the damaged portion of the gear. I'll need to find a replacement online or eBay.

Being a newbie sucks. But I'm learning.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I was just looking and couldn't just turn anything up.

Search terms would be KSS210, KSS210A, KSS210B, Sled, Gear, Gears, Rack, Drive. Also KSS150 of course.

You might get lucky with an old scrap boom box as some of these often used KSS210's.

Also try Sony KSS213 Mechanism. Does it look similar ?

Yes, go to a any electronics repair shop and ask for a defunct mechanism and they sure have one o two around, also, kss150 is prone to catch lots of grease in a inner optical element, you just have to remove the black cover on the pickup and clean the lens parallel to the focus lens that is fixed to the chassis of the pickup, reading improves dramatically

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.