Help to identify Amp

Just had a little look around.

It looks a lot like a Selmer Treble & Bass 100W Reverb; someone has removed the trim and re-worked the amp's faceplate.
The attached picture is of a 50W (2 x EL34); so I'm guessing that the 100W would be wider.

Attachments

• selmer Head.jpg
    selmer Head.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Just had a little look around.

It looks a lot like a Selmer Treble & Bass 100W Reverb; someone has removed the trim and re-worked the amp's faceplate.
The attached picture is of a 50W (2 x EL34); so I'm guessing that the 100W would be wider.

I think you might be correct. Have had a real good look at it and it does appear the face plate has been re-worked. Looks like it has been modified somewhat from the original amp. The transformers have new mounting holes and the reverb control seems to have been added and the dots hand painted. The large 100uf 350v caps are military NSN 5910-99-012-4918

1234567890. Sometimes the year is the first or the last number, so it helps when there are lots of Hunts caps to rationalise a year of manufacture. Although finding Hunts caps in an amp is increasingly rare, especially for 1950-60's equipment, as they had such a bad reputation. That amp looks like it was put away early in its life (with respect to e-cap replacement).

I could only find one Hunts cap which had BD612 MP on it. Agree Hunts caps are usually bad.........that is certainly my experience with early televisions.

The vintagehofner site has the best collation of Selmer amps/etc (and even has my Selmer organ). The gallery link below confirms the chassis is from Selmer, and 95% is the same - so it would be interesting to detail all the differences and surmise why it is now different.
Selmer Treble 'N' Bass Mk2 Head (Black/Blue)

BTW what were your plans for the amp?