Help! Speaker Placement in new Apartment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

I am moving into a new apartment and the floor plan is not very friendly for my 2.1 system. I have two Frugal Horns and a 10" sub. I also have two of Zaph's B3S full rangers with stands. I would like to set something up in the living room but there are no corners for the Horns.

I attached the floor plan showing the position of the TV and couch. Any ideas for speaker placement?

Edit: I do have the "optional fireplace"

Thanks!

Attachments

• floorplan.gif
    floorplan.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 174
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I don't suppose you can put speakers on each side of the balcony sliding doors and put the TV right in between, with enough room to still walk around and out to the balcony? Any chance of hanging anything from the ceiling? Who do you have to answer to?

Hi,

Don't have to answer to anyone except my GF and my own aesthetic sensibilities.

I would prefer not to block the slider. The ceiling is an interesting idea but I don't think it would work well with the Frugal Horns as they need corners. Plus it would require some serious ground tackle to hold them up at 50lbs each. Not sure my landlord would be all to pleased:D

Maybe the ceiling would work with the B3S though. I will investigate. Might even look cool if it was done right.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.