Help needed with Marantz 2225 Reciever

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's not my first, and I was only looking for help because I have been through this particular unit forwards and backwards over the course of 7 months and have no idea where to look next.

Your link was absolutely unhelpful, and I understand polarity and amplification as I have been workingbon tube amplifiers for years. I'm just confused about what the hell is going on with this reciever because it is solid state and therefore not in my wheelhouse. So, instead of suggesting I give up or that I might not try working on this piece of gear why couldn't you just not respond. It's pretty clear you have nothing helpful to add here, unless you have a link to a geofx type troubleshooting guide site for solid state.

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Okay, so good news is RE07 was blown and replacing it brought me back to having bias and now I am getting sound all the way through the reciever. The sound I am getting through is distorted...
....Make some test signals and capture wave forms and show them to us.
....I've been trying everything.

You fixed one VERY odd problem (RE07 shouldn't blow). stratus46 gave you a path to move forward. I do not see any new voltages or waveforms, though you say "everything".

Measure. Take notes. Compare various failures against the symptoms. You know how tubes work, transistors are different but you can figure them out.

And yeah: Rayma can't fix everybody. Especially on what we pay him. Leave some slack.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.