Help me pick my next DIY Bookshelf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Your concerns about bass extension with the Continuum II can be easily met with the Continuum Woofer Module designed by Jeff Bagby to go with monitor itself. You can find it at Meniscus Audio as well.

With regard to SPL, if you're going to use these near field at a desk it's hard to imagine not getting enough volume that close. Particularly with the addition of the woofers.

I had made note of that but it's not a solution that still allows me to be nearfield/standmount. +$500 and more importantly turns them into floor standing speakers i.e. this is not a small concealable sub that lets you maintain the monitors on stands. The woofers are huge and meant to turn the monitor into a 3 way speaker...crossed over at a high enough frequency that the bass becomes directional and where the monitors need to sit on top of the module. I'm guessing I could tune my sub to xover at their 100 hz rolloff point and be right at the bubble of the bass becoming directional and make it work.

If I wanted a floor stander I would just bring in one of my existing ones that are doing duty nowhere that i can't bring myself to sell.

Closing the loop.

1. Built a pair of full range Mark Audio 11p full range bookshelves. Sound great, would never know there was not a tweeter. Imaging is stellar.
2. Ordered and building a kit to build SB Acoustic 'Bromo' speakers with all ceramic drivers.

Last edited:
Madisound is actually putting it together and posting it shortly. I actually reached out to them and got the PDF's for the build because the links were broken on the SB Acoustics site and they volunteered to put a kit together and post it. I'm the first purchaser, it should show up on the site in the the near future. The Midwest Audio Club in general highly recommended them after hearing them at an audio show.

Madisound is actually putting it together and posting it shortly. I actually reached out to them and got the PDF's for the build because the links were broken on the SB Acoustics site and they volunteered to put a kit together and post it. I'm the first purchaser, it should show up on the site in the the near future. The Midwest Audio Club in general highly recommended them after hearing them at an audio show.

Component specs look impressive. Are you able to share what the kit will be worth when Madisound put it up?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.