Heathkit Oscilloscope O-12

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I could be wrong, but back in the 50's most houses here didn't have outlets that supported the 3rd earth connection. The feature has been added for safety in modern day homes.

Hmm. don't modern day scopes have an earth ground?

thanks,
PB

Modern stuff will almost certainly be earthed. I've grown up with the UK 3 pin plug, never known anything different tbh although I know different parts of the world have different implementations.

Here it is, connected to its own 1v 60hz output. Having the manual was pretty helpful, as there a few procedures to get it running properly.

You can see it was pretty dirty before I cleaned it a bit and recapped it. The alcohol was taking the screen printing off the top of the board so I quit cleaning it. The worst of it was on the underside, which had a ton of old flux all over the place.

The worst filth was "gunk" inside each of the tube sockets, also covering the bottom of the tubes. I swear it looked like the original owner dipped the pins in flux paste!?! (not pictured)

Attachments

• O-12 019.jpg
    O-12 019.jpg
    804.5 KB · Views: 69
  • O-12 010.jpg
    O-12 010.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 63
  • O-12 001B.jpg
    O-12 001B.jpg
    750 KB · Views: 61
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.