Has anyone tried the Singular Enclosure :) ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Onur, your knowledge on TL amazes me. I am using a Fostex FE168SigmaES in a Quarter Wave Pipe with its rectangular exit at the rear bottom. This is not an enclosure designed for this specific driver but the sound is quite good. The bass is slightly lacking.

My question is, do you have an enclosure design for the 168SigmaES driver, plans of which I could purchase from you? If you are willing to design one from scratch, then I would like the exit of the TL to be at the rear bottom; this helps even if one has to draw the speakers away from the rear walls by placing a suitable reflector.

Thanks.

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I'm certainly grateful for the knowledge you share with beginners like me.
I've bought a pair of FE206En and I'm deciding which enclosure to use. After a few weeks reading, the Singular seemed to be the answer to my preferences of clean lines and small sizing, nevertheless, since I'll be driving them with a low power 2A3 SET (in construction) I am now worried about loosing those precious 4-6dB in the tonal balance EQ network recommended by Bert Doppenberg. My listening room is small; roughly a 3 x 6 metres room. Is is still hope for me and the Singular or I'd rather turn my sail to the Dallas II instead? Thank you.

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I'm certainly grateful for the knowledge you share with beginners like me.
I've bought a pair of FE206En and I'm deciding which enclosure to use. After a few weeks reading, the Singular seemed to be the answer to my preferences of clean lines and small sizing, nevertheless, since I'll be driving them with a low power 2A3 SET (in construction) I am now worried about loosing those precious 4-6dB in the tonal balance EQ network recommended by Bert Doppenberg. My listening room is small; roughly a 3 x 6 metres room. Is is still hope for me and the Singular or I'd rather turn my sail to the Dallas II instead? Thank you.

also worth consideration:

vulcan-c-3d.gif

Woden Design | Vulcan

I've heard the two smaller siblings of this design ( ie, with FE126E and FE166E & ESR) and they're a force to contend with.

I’m planning to get the Fostex FE206EN drivers and was planning on the Dallas II cabinets but after reading about this Singular design, it seems quiet good. I’m not technical so just want some experience inform from others who have built it. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

bit late, but the boxes are simple, easy to include in a living room, but really big. and very heavy. the WAF is poor. I am thinking about going to an OB design next. but the singular boxes do a really nice job on acoustic music, voice, jazz, piano, folk, but old time rock, pop, and classical are a bit short on dynamics. but I think the overall results is amazing with 1 watt form the Bottlehead SEX amp. I have been very happy. no l-pad, no filter. just the fostex 208. I find the sound extremely satisfying for example at low volumes where these speakers don't lose anything from the types of recordings I have listed. built these when our first child was born so I could listen at night when the house went to sleep. hope this helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.