Has anyone checked out the new PD Neodymium drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I haven't heard these speakers, so I can't make any first hand comments on sound quality. However, my guess is... looking at that impedence curve, they don't use shorting rings to lower the distortion (which PHL does). Probably one reason PHL has the reputation they do, low distortion/high efficiency makes for a good combination.

For an interesting PHL competitor, have you looked into B&C. I would like to get my hands on a pair of those for a listen.

Which B&C drivers are you talking about in particular?

I haven't seen any with a particularly smooth frequency response, I know this isn't the "be all and end all", but it's definitely a factor high on the list of priorities.

Please enlighten me...

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have had experience with B&C 6.5, 8, 10 inch and PHl 6.5 , 8 , 12 , 15 inch. The PHL is always more organic sounding with less distortion. Recently they have done some modification to their back coating method and they audibly decreased distortion further.
B&C is very very good for the price, dryer and more offensive compared to PHL though. An Italian brand that I found interesting compared to B&C is 18 sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.