• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy: Rectifier bridge with 4-layer pcb

Colour of the pcb

• Red, white print and gold pads

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Blue, white print and gold pads

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • Black, white print and gold pads

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Black, yellow print and gold pads

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Yellow, black print and gold pads

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Green, white print and gold pads

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • White, black print and gold pads

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • White, red print and gold pads

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a noob question. If I'm using a 600V 25v(35vdc) rails transformer with this rectifier board what will work best: MUR3020PT - 200v 15A, MUR3060PT - 600v 15A or MUR860GOS-ND 600v 8A

Also for the snubber will .1 watt resistors work. I have a few laying around.

Thanks for the help... JohnnyP.

Have you downloaded the documention?

The heatsink is connected to the cathode of the diodes. The groundplane under two of the heatsinks is also connected to the cathodes. No risk for short circuit in other words. The two other heatsinks are not in contact with the pcb since the groundplane is removed under them.

All copper areas are connected to something, so yes, you should be careful about that.

Last edited:
Hi, I did some work a while ago on PBC solder resist and silk screen overlay materials.

Green resist is the most stable and as it is also the most common tends to be in the best condition at the PCB fabricators. Red unfortunatley is very slightly hydroscopic - i.e it absorbs a small amount of water. (we manufacture accurate dielectric based soil moisture probes hence this kind of thing is important to me)

Yellow silk screen was the best in my tests (Although these were a long time ago) at that time white contained some oxide material which made it very slightly conductive. However when I asked recently the PCB manufacturer said they were unaware of any problems with white silk screen these days. (Might be different if you get your PCBs manufactured in China)

Whilst this is probably not of any consequence on a rectifier PCB, if you are looking at doing something with low currents, that needs to be extreemly stable or that needs very low leakages then it may be worth thinking about.

Regards,
Andrew

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.