Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

Joined 2005
Paid Member
The Perreaux I have lots of matched sets of Hitachi K176/ J56 and double die Exicon devices and the amp is pretty much ready to add the driver boards and test. The power supply has been rebuilt and a soft start added. I have mildly modified the original output board to hold the CLC output filter and output devices. I have a DC detect circuit to add. but it uses a seperate transformer thats fit inside the Perreaux, but won’t fit in the Hafler.

The Halfers, there are 4 or 5 in the shop, you can always use them as a test bed., you are welcome to come by whenever you want, but call me to confirm we’ll be there ( not open everyday) . When I say busy I m just whining - several days a week are avaiable.

Diy meet members can suggest dates for something before Xmas or in January.

Last edited:
Dave,
Honestly, I love the music that you played at the DIY meet. I guess we are in a similar age group and were exposed to the same genre of music when we were "younger" :D:D.
I could not agree more! I have thoroughly enjoyed the meets, the location and the music. But take your time to let your work settle down before another. Last thing we want is to be a burden.
Cheers,
Walter

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
One thing to consider is the amount of snow we may have to deal with. After Christmas is typically when the weather tends to turn really nasty. So therefore a meet before Christmas might be better.

We can help Dave set up and tear down. That may go a long way to making these meetings less of a burden.

We could make it a pot luck where everyone brings something in to eat, so that Dave does not need to shop for food nor cook, I can bring a in a pot of my homemade chili as a suggestion.
Speaking of snowing that is exactly what it is doing here now, thanks Chris :) and I have to got out in it for a Dr appointment in Newmarket. Looks like I'll be putting on the snow tires when i get back.