Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

Hi Gareth,
Kay and I are planning to leave my place around 8:30 AM if you want a ride in. You're certainly welcome to catch a ride in. We are meeting at my place, and that is closer to the BBQ than you are.

-Best, Chris

I didn't get up early enough for that, but I'll be leaving home shortly - C U there.

made it home - along what I expected to be a peaceful 401 but it was slow as molasses.

I really enjoyed the meet - putting faces to names and amps and stuff. BBQ was great, beer was great, donuts were great, pie was great... need I go on ? :D

Was impressed by all the gear I saw and heard. Except my own tube amp which produced a quiet inky black background like all the best amps..... and no music whatsoever !

I am echoing wlowes comments. It was a great get together. Seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones, chatting about new projects and unfinished ones, and everything audio related. The BBQ was excellent and the ice box was overflowing with beer, literally:D. A big big thanks to Dave for organizing the event and his generosity. Wish everyone a great summer!! See you guys next time.

Regards,

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Oh, you just want me to blush.
If it wasn‘t for you guys it wouldn‘t be worth anything........
For those who wanted a picture of the gear (and us members)

Attachments

• 5CB09488-8CD6-4758-889C-376FB9FFEE0C.jpeg
    5CB09488-8CD6-4758-889C-376FB9FFEE0C.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
It was a great get together. Seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones, chatting about new projects and unfinished ones, and everything audio related. The BBQ was excellent and the ice box was overflowing with beer, literally:D. A big big thanks to Dave for organizing the event and his generosity. Wish everyone a great summer!! See you guys next time.
+1
Ben

It was great meeting you guys again. I would never have met you guys if it was not for Chris and Dave. I'd like to Thank you for your kind hospitality and the great food, but I got to admit the real reason why I came back is this :D

|
|
|
\/

Attachments

• __20190623_152332.jpg
    __20190623_152332.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 92
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It was a great event! I'm puzzled by the low turnout as I thought a lot more were going to attend. The weather was great and the trip in was easy. The trip back slow, but not terrible. I was lucky and had Kay do the driving.

So to those who passed up on the BBQ, you missed a great time and lot's of great conversations. Left me tell you that Dave and his son were excellent hosts and we didn't want for anything.

Hopefully we'll see more of you next time. You don't need to have built anything, many were there just to meet other members and have a good time. No shortage of music either. Dave does requests from his extensive music collection.

-Chris