Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

Hi Nathan,

I'm wondering if we have enough folk local to us for a meet in this area sometime. There's Todd in Kitchener, building a full-on Pass F5 (been in progress for a few months). And there's a chap in Paris Ontario - can't remember who that it is for a minute. We did have Brian in Waterloo - student who build that amazing little active 3 speaker the size of a pack of breakfast cereal but I think he's moved now. Of course, in Waterloo we also have the Grandmaster himself, John Vanderkooy but he's pretty busy already.

I just found out we have Larry also local to us in the K-W area :)

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Larry’s welcome too if he doesn’t mind riding on Chris’s roof.

Attachments

• C2689598-FAF7-4412-A28A-D1E86B38012D.jpeg
    C2689598-FAF7-4412-A28A-D1E86B38012D.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 152
Joined 2005
Paid Member
A week away, weather forecast looks OK so far.
Music- there is classic rock, blues, a little folk and reggea, and some audiophile tracks. About 150 hi def 24/96 and 24 /192 bit rate albums

If you want any other style best to bring your preference, but just remember Walt who wanted us to listen to opera.

Attachments

• A12C465B-8547-45EA-936F-EA7D64F23DCA.jpeg
    A12C465B-8547-45EA-936F-EA7D64F23DCA.jpeg
    734.5 KB · Views: 128
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
but just remember Walt who wanted us to listen to opera.
I much prefer the instrumental version!
Larry’s welcome too if he doesn’t mind riding on Chris’s roof.
Isn't that what those burger - like things on roofs are for? You know, they look like a box for a big mac.

The wifey took our dog to a field to play. I'll put down a blanket or something.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Gareth,
Gee, that's disappointing. I was counting on you to meet here and be driven down. Contact me off-line if you think there is a chance for you to change your mind knowing you don't have to drive the distance from here to Scarborough.

My other friend was just scheduled to work on Sunday, so he's gone as well. That means that there are only two here going to he meet. I'm bring the tube amp I've been working on.

kct,
I'm sure you could join us in one car. I'm very close to Trafalgar and highway #7. PM me if you are interested in going in a small group of what looks like 3 people at the moment. PM me if interested. We tend to stay until the end

-Chris

It is fine in Etobicoke

Quite beautiful actually. trees are all Christmas card white but the streets were warm enough that there is very little snow on them. My drive which faces south is black. Other side of the street is white. So appears fine in the city. Keep an eye out for black ice outside the city.

As usual, I had a wonderful time. It was great to reconnect with "the regulars" and met new faces, and chatting about audio and our projects. Listening to Dave's huge music collection with his big towers (this time ""augmented" with a sub) was absolutely enjoyable. Finally have a chance to see Dave's new creations (the DAC, preamp and the PSUs). They were so beautifully made and looking at them gave me an inferiority complex.

Dave, thank you so much for hosting the get together, and feeding us :p. Your generosity is very much appreciated. Looking forward to meet everyone next time!! Take care!!

Regards,