Greater Toronto Area DIY meetup

I like Starbuck. Tims is OK too if you guys prefer that. The date will be Friday Oct. 31. So what time should we meet? The show starts at 11 am. I suggest we should get in line no later than 10:40 am. I will be taking the train from Markham and will get to Union station at 9 am. Assuming a 20 minutes walk, I probably will arrive at the coffee shop at around 9:25 am.

Let's bounce some ideas.

Regards,

Sounds good. the starbucks on Queen has closed. There is a Starbucks at 145 Richmond Street West. I suggest we meet there at 9.30 am. If it is too crowded we can take our coffee and make our way to the Sheraton where there is ample seating in the lobby to chat and catch up before the show opens.

Sounds good. the starbucks on Queen has closed. There is a Starbucks at 145 Richmond Street West. I suggest we meet there at 9.30 am. If it is too crowded we can take our coffee and make our way to the Sheraton where there is ample seating in the lobby to chat and catch up before the show opens.

Walter,

Seems like you know TO downtown pretty well. OK, it is decided. We shall meet at the SB at 145 Richmond Street west at ~ 9:30 am on Halloween day!! I think BigE might join us there.

Hey, Audio-nut, are you coming to the show this year? Please join us for coffee if you can. Your blue speakers look really interesting and may be you can tell us more about it.

Anyone else who would like to join is more than welcome.

Regards,

The Lobby sounds like a fantastic idea!

Maybe we could just meet in the lobby with the coffee/morning beverage of your choice? Some of us like Tim's coffee better, and it's always simpler to have a single target meeting point.

Cheers!

Sure. How about 10 am at the lobby of Sheraton? I probably will hang around SB for a little bit (check up on my emails) before I head to Sheraton. Walter, I can still meet you there at around 9:30 am.

Regards,

How will us newbies know who you are? I'm usually the tallest guy there at 6'6" sandy blond hair. Please introduce yourself.
Gerard

Good point. Based on your description, it is probably much easier for us to pick you out from a crowd!!

BigE is pretty tall too (over 6' I recall). Walter is also over 6'. I am the shortest (5'7"). Both Walter and I wear wear glasses. Last tiem I met BigE, he has short hair. Walter has nice wavy dark coloured hair (correct me If I am wrong, Walter). I have medium black hair. Big E and Walter are Caucasian and I am Asian. These are the best descriptions I can give you.

Regards,

Good point. Based on your description, it is probably much easier for us to pick you out from a crowd!!

BigE is pretty tall too (over 6' I recall). Walter is also over 6'. I am the shortest (5'7"). Both Walter and I wear wear glasses. Last tiem I met BigE, he has short hair. Walter has nice wavy dark coloured hair (correct me If I am wrong, Walter). I have medium black hair. Big E and Walter are Caucasian and I am Asian. These are the best descriptions I can give you.

Regards,

I'm Asian with glasses and black hair (5'7"). See post #447 for pictures of our group. Is BigE one of the guys in the pictures?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clubs-events/212618-greater-toronto-area-diy-meetup-45.html

I'll be there Friday. See you guys at SB.

oops. I have a last minute problem. Sorry guys I cannot make it today.

Too bad. That's what I thought since I did not run into you. I missed BigE, Strosek and Analogluvr too. I walked around the lobby a few times between 10-10:30 but did not see anyone. Did meet up with Audionut though. Hopefully we can organize a meet sometime in the not too distant future and see each other again.

Like previous year's show, Friday is a "slow" day. One can leisurely stroll thorough all the rooms, do some listening and chat with the hosts.

The show this year seemed smaller than previous.

Regards,

Don't miss the Halloween bash at Metropolitan United, the dress-up Halloween event the Royal College of Organist hold with the largest organ in Canada each year, Oct 31, 10 PM. Always includes loud French pieces you've always wanted to hear in a church.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/132377-phantoms-organ-halloween-bash.html

The Torq Percussion Quartet (successors to the famous Nexus group) have a concert in the chamber music UofT hall, Walter Hall, on Nov 1. Donation. Heard them in Walter Hall this week. Not to be missed.... not to mention whenever the Evergreen Club (modern gamelon music) play.

Ben
Bathurst / St. Clair West
Great Halloween event. Church filled. Of course, doesn't matter where you sit.

Started (as always) with the good old rousing "T&F in d minor" played really expertly by Patricia Wright the local master of the organ, Canada's largest. Ended with Gigout's even more rousing "Toccata." Hit 100 dBC a few times.

But if you missed it, you missed it.

Ben

Sorry I missed you guys... Traffic on the QEW from the Oakville area was horrendous and I ended up arriving late.
I looked around and stood in front of the Teslas for a while but I was just too late.
Hopefully I'll have better luck at the next meet.

No problem. I can imagine what the traffic like traveling from Oakville to downtown in the morning on the 401 (hectic). Hopefully we can get together in a not distant future. Hope you enjoyed the show.

Regards,