Grasshopper

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is some kind of turn-on/off noise but very low level - it's sufficient that I could know if somebody turned it off whilst blindfolded but not such that I would notice it normally. However, if you hot-plug then be prepared for discomfort!

I did simulate the turn-on/off and find that there should be something audible but there is a key feature in my design approach that makes this effect waaaay smaller than some designs. Look at my CCS design and note the extra large capacitor.... :)

I've been listening to it on and off for awhile now. No errant behaviour - sound is clear top to bottom and no shortage of drive (volume doesn't get turned up much). I'm not yet sure about these headphones though, even with the treble-cut they have a bit too much treble character still for my liking so if I get the chance I'd like to try a different set of cans.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.