Gomyhit_com virus attack............

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another nasty virus doing the round....

On MSN messenger.

It will open a mesage window useing the name from a friend in your contact window, then uses a random message to the effect like "we had such a wicked party this weekend, look at the pictures" adding an infected attachement...

Obviously we let down our guard when receiving things from trusted pepople so one clicks without "realy looking hard"

Managed to fix it 98% useing a little program called VUNDOFIX.... (freeware)

I give up !

I've decided to give up trying to get rid of the Gomyhit.com virus .

So I now need to format my C drive and load everything on the C drive again. I will also have to make backups of all other data that I have saved on the C drive. Is there anything else to be done before formating the drive ? Yes email folder and address book will have to be saved too.

Not quite sure what will happen to programs that are on the other drives ? The freshly loaded XP will not be able to access them I guess. Going to be a painful time I guess.

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.