• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Gerber file help!!!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need a gerber file for a very simple Power supply schematic. I have no clue and I have no time. Its for a personal project, I want to make some really smart mono blocs that look professional. I have attached a schematic, hoping that someone might take pity and help me. If you live close to Canberra I could buy You a beer,]
seriously, can anyone help???
Its everything after the after the 47r resistor, and the ability to have different rectifiers?
If this is naive, please let me know
Mick

ok this is the schematic. I dont need the voltage doubler. Can anyone make this into a Gerber file? Or give me some advice? Or help in anyway at all?

Attachments

• Michael_doc.jpg
    Michael_doc.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 152
I have done pcb for this circuit.
Would it be OK for you (as Gerber file) ?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Yes usually I would jump at this but my project is my ultimate/amp for ever type. That's why i don't just draw it with marker and etch it. I want it to look like it came from the store. Maybe stupid but I plan on having them forever and money isn't the issue. I already have the dc heaters. Just need the reg dc for first stage. But many thanks

Gentlemen (are there any lady members?),

Quite OT, but perhaps advice. I often notice the use of high voltage zeners. I once did a regulator that way and found the drift with temperature for >100V zeners almost as much as our mains variation! Since then I am using somewhat more involved circuits sticking to 5,6 - 8,2V zeners.

Author allowing, any comments please?

I will continue this OT.
I measured three different types of high voltage zeners: 130V, 150V and 200 V, all 5W.
A general observation was that the stabilized voltages for all types was some 5...7 % higher than specified zener voltage, when the current thru the zener was between 5 mA to 10 mA.
The drift caused by temperature is some 6...7 % when the operating temperature changes from 20 to 50 C.
But when the operating temperature is reached the voltage remains quite stable, but some 10...15 % higher than specified.
Then the supply voltage change of 50 % (say from 250 V to 380 V for 150 V zener)
causes voltage drift of only some 2 %.
My conclusion is that high voltage zeners regulate the supply voltage variation very well, but will drift due to temperature. However the latter can be taken into account when designing the circuit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.