General diyAudio store questions thread

Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I would like to buy Heatsinks similar in specs to the 4u chassis. Just the Heatsinks. Not necessarily pretapped. Who/what company sells something like that. Everything I have found doesn't have similar dimensions at all. More for LEDs etc. thank you!,

Please order directly from our manufacturer using this form. Thanks.

Hifi2000 Chassis Order Form

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Can you post a link to a clear pinout diagram for the JFETS? I don't want to make any mistakes. Thanks.

Both devices are DGS

K170:J74_pinout.jpg

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I would like to buy Heatsinks similar in specs to the 4u chassis. Just the Heatsinks. Not necessarily pretapped. Who/what company sells something lie that. Everything I have found doesn't have similar dimensions at all. More for LEDs etc. thank you!,

You can buy them from Hifi2000 directly or we'll have them in stock when we relaunch the store in about 2 weeks.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Jason, I'm setting up a store for my company and was considering magento, but I'm kinda on hold with the upcoming transition to magento2 which on the face of it seems a LOT easier to deal with. If you don't mind telling me, what platform are you moving to?

As far as I've read, Magento2 is just a rewrite of Magento1 in JQuery, with no new features and no upgrade path between the two. Magento IMHO lacks key capabilities needed to grow and market an online store. Happy to be saying goodbye to it. We're moving to Shopify.

I think magento2 is more than a simple rewrite but it's a moot point since GA isn't until late this year and I need to be up sooner than that. And I just can't see building a magento1 site and having to convert later. I'm a software developer and I couldn't believe how magento1 works behind the scenes. I can understand your desire to move on.

Interesting you mention shopify. I was considering shopify or bigcommerce for a short term solution. I just wish shopify didn't charge so much for real time shipping. But as long as the solution merely quotes correct shipping charges I'll be happy.

FYI, no matter what store software I run I am planning on using stripe for payment. Can't stand paypal, either as a buyer or seller. I don't buy a ton of stuff from the store but I'd definitely vote for stripe as one payment option.

Can't wait to see the new store!

JFET shipping

Now that the LSK170's are in stock I want to buy some. When I go into the "shipping options" I can select USPS Priority Mail for $4.44, which is great. This gets added to the cart and all is well.
Then when I go thru checkout, the only shipping option changes to Priority Express for about the same amount as the JFET's.
So what's the deal? This makes no sense.

What exactly are the shipping options?

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I think magento2 is more than a simple rewrite but it's a moot point since GA isn't until late this year and I need to be up sooner than that. And I just can't see building a magento1 site and having to convert later. I'm a software developer and I couldn't believe how magento1 works behind the scenes. I can understand your desire to move on.

Interesting you mention shopify. I was considering shopify or bigcommerce for a short term solution. I just wish shopify didn't charge so much for real time shipping. But as long as the solution merely quotes correct shipping charges I'll be happy.

FYI, no matter what store software I run I am planning on using stripe for payment. Can't stand paypal, either as a buyer or seller. I don't buy a ton of stuff from the store but I'd definitely vote for stripe as one payment option.

Can't wait to see the new store!

Yes, Magento is a can of worms to say the least. Shopify isn't cheap, it's overly simplified in some respects but it's bulletproof and has a great API - we'll be using a custom app to give it the customizations we need. BigCommerce is more flexible out of the box, but really it's a matter of preference and what customizations you need to do. Good luck! :)

Now that the LSK170's are in stock I want to buy some. When I go into the "shipping options" I can select USPS Priority Mail for $4.44, which is great. This gets added to the cart and all is well.
Then when I go thru checkout, the only shipping option changes to Priority Express for about the same amount as the JFET's.
So what's the deal? This makes no sense.

What exactly are the shipping options?

It sounds like you might be tripping up some kind of cut off on how much we allow to be shipped internationally without insurance. Please email helpdesk@diyaudio.com with the details and we'll work out a (possibly customized) shipping solution for you one way or the other. If we create an order manually we have more options in regards to shipping and insurance.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Folks:

When can we expect the store to be restocked with HiFi2000 goods? I'm interested in a 4U Deluxe and a set of handles.

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott! To answer your question: very soon. I'm in Italy right now at Hifi2000 HQ and working on the launch of the new diyAudio store. Hopefully this will be within a week. When it does, it will be replete with Hifi2000 goods, new photos and a great new pricing and shipping model. Stay tuned :)

I posted the same question under store feedback 5 days ago and no response, so thought I may have picked the wrong place and should try here:

Hi there

I'm after help on how to order LSK170 for my mesmerize buffer using the diy store.

When buying matched pairs of class B jfets, how do I specify I want LSK170? The web store photo shows a few different types of jfets. But I cannot find anywhere to specify that I want LSK170, or any info on how to do so. Even when I add them to the cart no option appears on how to choose which type.

I've probably missed something obvious - any thoughts on how to choose them, or is it a lucky dip?!

On another note. There is no drop down option to buy 8 x grade B LSK170 (only A, C, and D) - I assume this means 8 x grade B our out of stock (the most recent stock sticky on 25th Sept said all types are in stock)? If they are out of stock, when are they due?

Thanks heaps!

Joined 2000
Paid Member
When buying matched pairs of class B jfets, how do I specify I want LSK170? The web store photo shows a few different types of jfets. But I cannot find anywhere to specify that I want LSK170, or any info on how to do so. Even when I add them to the cart no option appears on how to choose which type.

I've probably missed something obvious - any thoughts on how to choose them, or is it a lucky dip?!

Sorry for any confusion. The Matched JFET pairs are as described on the product page. There is currently no way to order any other configurations though we're considering that for the future.

On another note. There is no drop down option to buy 8 x grade B LSK170 (only A, C, and D) - I assume this means 8 x grade B our out of stock (the most recent stock sticky on 25th Sept said all types are in stock)? If they are out of stock, when are they due?

Thanks heaps!

Yes, the grade B is out of stock. I'll post an ETA for restocking as soon as I can get that information.

HI Jason

Thanks for your reply.

I am still confused: the product page does not appear to say which jfets I would be buying. The photo shows both J74 and K170. The description says they are perfect for most of the Pass/Firstwatt Amplifier and Preamplifier projects ... and more. If I buy them which transistors would I get, or are you saying it is lucky dip?

If I can't know which transistor I would be sent, this would help me: I would like matched transistors for a mesmerize/symmetrical pass b1 buffer; if I buy a matched pair B grade JFEts, whatever transistor is sent, will they perform as well as the LSK170 in this application?

Thanks again :)

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
enjoyingsound -- The match pair ( Matched JFET pairs (Grade B) - Parts ) that you are asking about are actually not appropriate for the Salas DCB1 -- that project requires 2 pair of K170/K170, where the package contains 2 pair of K170/J74. Don't buy them or that project.

A new supply of the Qty. (8) K170 B grade will be in the store before Christmas. That will be more appropriate for the DCB1. Although the 8-packs are not labeled or sold as matched, generally the transistors in each package are pretty close.

Please check your PM.