Gday from OZ just looking for a bit of help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A big Hi!

That's a pun based on the fact I live near Byron Bay.

I am a computer geek have been for long enough to have grand kids whom i could gift my Sinclair system to, if I had any, Grandkids that is. But this is not about computers. When I was much younger I was interested in audio and knew all the terminology (are tweeters still called tweeters?) but had to make a decision between audio and computers I found my brain couldn't handle both. Which is an indication of how very very much I know about computers BTW anybody needs advice on comp problems email me.

Anyway recently I came into possession of a Sony FH-B7CD sans speakers (found at local op-shop $5) and a pair of Sony SS-NX1 ($4) and it all works great. Even the tape decks are clean and barely used. Problem is with CD deck says NO CD no matter what I put in it. It has a clicking noise as though trying to read CD.

Then I came across this thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/137042-sony-fh-b7cd-kss-240a-problem-anatech.html while looking for a manual and it seems that this might be a solid unit worth repairing. I guess this is because of the AMS programming facility.

I also have a gifted TDK NX03 CD unit in PWO that the owner thought was broken because the CD slide door doesn't open using the remote. This is a great little unit and it has replaced the multimedia altec lansings on my computer. Music and games sound awesome :)

So in short I am looking for where to post to get some advice, costs, parts suppliers for these two units.

Thanks very much

Baggins

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.