• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Looking at parts for my (soon to come) BiB regs. :lickface: Yum. I love shopping for components.

Has anybody used a 10,000uF cap they recommend in these regs before, that is a good option for 200mA current? (A la DCB1 - hotrod Dale 10R 5W resistor)

I need 9x so I need to keep the costs down, but I still want something good...

I had used 10mF BHC slit foil, that was a good one. But not a budget one. Nichicon and Panasonic are very good IMO.

The price difference between a cap like a cheap plain Panasonic that measures 0.055 Ohm ESR and a fancy 0.03 Ohm "Low ESR" or "Audio" cap that is the same rating and capacity is about 500% - 2000%. Does this cost difference reflect reality in any meaningful way?

I just don't get it. Ignorant I guess....we have resistance going on left right and centre in a circuit. Why such fuss over a fraction of an ohm?

Last edited:
I'm making a DAC PS, and there are many +5v requirements. I haven't quite figured out how many I will seperate out the supplies beyond a simple analogue 5v feed and a digital 5v feed, but if there were 3 loads from the same chip pulling on one 200mA reg, each pulling about 25mA nominal to 38mA max, how would that work? Is 75mA to max 114mA too much for a 200mA reg?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Mainly in the later part of the decade. So much so my gaze went out of focus.:D

Attachments

• @CafeCrop.jpg
    @CafeCrop.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 462