• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Round #8; Fo-Felix AC Filter

I've not seen a PM or something on my private email address. I know stuff goes astray and occasionally I miss things. When did you make contact?

I'm fairly relaxed about things ATM, clearly lines of communication have become crossed, so just STH.

I have scanned through all my email folders, i could not find anything from Destroyer OS too. Now that Destroyer OS has mentioned that he is aware of this arrangement, he should be sending your boards soon if he has already received your mailing address that you sent earlier.

Fuse questions

Destroyer OS or anybody else on this thread, may I get some help on the the fuse. (I'm getting ready to assemble my boards.)

(1) Do I need a fuse if there is a fuse at the IEC inlet? Or can it be shorted with a wire?

(2) If it needs a fuse, can you maybe link to some representative fuse clips that fit (eg a mouser part number). The BoM didn't have this.

I am planning to use Comoco's.

Thanks

ps Another suggestion: the BoM currently doesn't list the capacitance of the X2 caps. I found the value in this thread though.

Destroyer OS or anybody else on this thread, may I get some help on the the fuse. (I'm getting ready to assemble my boards.)

(1) Do I need a fuse if there is a fuse at the IEC inlet? Or can it be shorted with a wire?

(2) If it needs a fuse, can you maybe link to some representative fuse clips that fit (eg a mouser part number). The BoM didn't have this.

I am planning to use Comoco's.

Thanks

ps Another suggestion: the BoM currently doesn't list the capacitance of the X2 caps. I found the value in this thread though.

I guess you can skip the fuse then. You can bypass with wire no problem.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
The BOM (for digikey) also lists 237-1373-ND / 237-1372-ND (Triad magnetics) chokes. Do I use the fuse with those or treat them the same as Bournes?

I remember reading (somewhere) in one of the earlier GB threads that the bypass resistor next to fuse wasn't needed for Bournes. But the board silkscreen implies otherwise.

Ian,

The "Technical Pro" version has 9 separate front switches so this could be perhaps quite useful, particularly if you use a couple of the filters (after emptying out the original 'bits').
I did this with a 4 outlet filter box with a higher current filter (& dc trap) for the 2 power amps and a lower current filter (and another dc trap) for the preamp and dac - it has just the single mains switch on the back, unfortunately, but it works extremely well