• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: Round #7; Fo-Felix AC Filter

I had no plans of doing that. I hang onto receipts for awhile afterward but the reality is that the tracking numbers serve no purpose.

First for domestic they only start working once the package is about to be delivered. Second for international they stop at the border so who gives a ****?

I only hang onto the #'s encase something goes wrong.

I would use a 15A slow blow since that's likely what you'll be plugging into (standard socket).

As far as wiring I'd wire just four of the sockets to the CMC's if you have 4 Fo-Felix's. I wouldn't do 1 Fo-Felix per duplex.

Each socket has tabs on it between the screws on each side. I'd break them off on two of the duplexes to turn them into separated sockets. Here's an example. So in your example you daisy change from the IEC to the first socket, to the second, then it goes to the Fo-Felix's from the sockets. All the Fo-Felix's are in parallel.

I can verify everything you're doing before you turn it on. E-mail is fastest.

i have all the parts and will be putting it together unsing these instuctions and the pictures and your guidance. one thing that i am not getting though is that if all the fe felix boards are wired in parallel then what is the point of breaking off the duplex conmnections so that all the sockets are separated?

They're only in parallel on the AC source side.

If you don't break the socket tabs then whatever is plugged into the outlet can freely share noise between each other, and double the noise can get through to those two pieces.

I got you. thanks for taking the time to reply. i think now i understand why things are wired the way that they are in the pictures that I've seen of previous builds.

Shipped all but 2 internationals (tomorrow).

USPS manager got all mad because I arrived 34 minutes to close with internationals... nice lady helped me out but mean manager told her to stop.

I waited in line for awhile... I've been asked once before to not come in last minute but... I didn't and I don't make the stupid 5pm closing time, nor am I in charge of staffing that leaves a big *** line whenever I show up. Awhile back I would have cared more, now I'm like just do your job the best you can or turn me away.

Sadly I'm going to ask for a few more dollars from some people because shipping changes occurred recently. However no one is obligated to pay.

And yes Gary, as soon as I can figure out which of the 3 Aussie tracking numbers are yours, I'll let you know. I added email addresses to them but apparently it doesn't send updates? No idea how other businesses do it...

It sounds like your PO manager needs to get another job - no customer focus it seems.

Thanks for your efforts in all this, I know what it entails - especially OS air mail shipping with customs forms etc...

Let me know if I owe you more for shipping costs and thanks again for the tracking number when you sort out the paperwork.