• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB NP matched Toshiba 2SK1530/2SK201 for F5X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
> A registered letter (fee €2,05) is insured up to €34,--
> For this letter, I can buy additional insurance for €1,50 in €100 increments.

The post would want to inspect your contents, and you would need a special wax seal before you can insure more value.
We tried that once before. Not so simple.

My experience is different:

During the combined Fuku/PRP/regulator MOSFET GB last March I could ship normally sealed envelopes insured for up to €300 or €400 without any special treatment on behalf of the post office.

For international respondents an ATA carnet would be a way arround the taxes.

Thanks, ashaw, for a keyword previously unknown to me; but I fear one has to be VAT registered to exploit these procedures.

Then next time I ship through you .... ;)
It was quite a fuzz last time I tried.

Patrick

Agreed. :)

But maybe my postal clerks committed errors or postal policies have changed ....; I have no idea to explain these differences.

Such differences always bother me, so I looked for a reason and found it: Since July 2010, sealing and labeling of insured letters isn't required anymore.

To quote from German wikipedia:
Seit Juli 2010 ist keine Kennzeichnung als Wertbrief und auch keine Versiegelung mehr erwünscht[2], die Sendung wird nur noch als Einschreiben ausgezeichnet und ist bis zum Höchstwert von 5.000 Euro zugelassen.

So an ATA carnet is obtained by the sender not the reciever. A bond is paid to an official in the senders government which is returned when the item returns to it's source. The big problem is that the cost of getting one is quite high and there is a broad but limited scope for what a carnet can be granted for. Usefull if you need to rent test equipment. I've never had to apply for one myself but have used equipment here under one.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Issue solved by a simple rule: the person requesting the measurement will have to pay possible taxes before the FETs are returned;)

Unless the GB members should happen to have hundreds of these FETs lying around I really don't see any issue.

BTW small numbers of these MOSFETs fit nicely in CD-covers and there are also padded envelopes in this format.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
A couple of comments:

Those of you counting will see that there are now 30 sets up for sale. I previously told you that we only had 26 sets. What has changed is that another group of FETs (n=102) from JBdV were measured and matched into our batch. This allowed me to identify more 1st Grade NNNNPPPP-sets.

For the moment I do not plan to offer 2nd Grade sets - there is no need for these and I only want to offer the best.

Everybody currently on the list are getting 1st Grade sets.

Those who are interested in spares etc. will be able to get these at a later time. Right now I am focused on rounding up this thing so that we can start building our F5X's:)

Cheers,

Nic

For safe shipping, we bought ESD-safe shipping boxes. Most of the shipments will be done using the box type shown on the left of the attached picture.

Those who ordered two sets will receive their sets in the box type shown in the middle of the picture.

Prices for these boxes are included in the postage fees.

For documentation, I will provide similar pictures of the actual sets you will get sitting in their boxes to you and Nic. We will also provide a table showing the actual Vgs and Yfs values of the individual MOSFETs in the set and their suggested location in the amp according to the BOM.

Attachments

• boxes_1.JPG
    boxes_1.JPG
    485.7 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
I will call for payments by PM when we are ready. Don't pay anything until you here from me. ...

I am waiting for the second batch of ESD boxes to arrive which I ordered and paid last Sunday. In the first instance, I only bought a couple of samples before taking a final decision..

:D thank you again for your efforts gentlemen.

Thanks, you are welcome.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.