• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB "long and skinny" FirstWatt J2 clone PCBs

Guys I have a pair of these and I will build another down the road, I want a true mono build with this one, I like it that much. Here's the deal, I bought a second set off this board and paid a little more for it and the shipping.

I'd be willing to send these to a "contributing member." So, here's what I propose, let's make it from one of our US members, as I am in the US and can get it to you in a few days.

The catch? You have to already have the board on order and you need to make at least a $20 to the forum. Also, when your boards come in you ship them to me to put back in stock. If there are any contributors who are already at the $20 or over mark, you just need to ship me your boards when they come in. These are Jeff's long skinny boards.

If a member wants to donate at the $50 or over mark, I will give it to them to the first one who does... sorry if you are already at that level, but I really want to get the forum a few bucks, it's just a fantastic resource!

If you are interested, send me a PM and I will verify that you participate here and that you also donate/donated to the forum.

JT

Last edited:
That's a neat idea JT. I hope someone will take you up on your offer and
diyaudio gets a nice donation. :)

Thanks Dennis, I really don't want to let go, but for a donation to this forum... ya, can do. I guess we will know how bad someone wants to build it if they accept. I'm okay if they don't as I have the, "unobtainable" parts to build it, but I thought hey, you aren't going to build it this year and the forum has given you so much... do it!

I will be happy either way...

JT

Hello there.

First a huge thanks to Jeff and others who've made this possible.

A few questions just to make sure I've got everything covered and possibly help someone else get started.

- I think these are the steps to follow:
- See if you can afford 4 Semisouth SJEP120R100 :D (don't need to be matched)
- Get 8 matched SJ74BL (or at least 4 matched per channel) and 4 matched (or 2 matched per channel) SK170GR (mostly from seller punkydawgs on Ebay)
- Get PCBs L & R (or Gerber files see post #15 page 2)
- Get rest of the items from the BOM (see post #15 page 2)

- Jeff can you please share the Gerber for the PSU board? (If you want ready boards pls contact FM @rhthatcher post #218 page 22)

- Is there a BOM for the PSU? I only saw the schematic.

- Any special specs for an "audio" grade mains toroid transformer?

- If one wanted a soft start (to avoid the loud pop through speaker) is there an add on circuit you recommend?

- Is any kind of speaker protection built-in? If not, any suggested circuit?

- Is any kind of thermal auto-off protection built-in? If not, any auggested circuit?

- I assume this is rated at 25 Watts? What is the maximum power consumption?

- Silly question maybe but would you say the amp is quiet/silent with no input?

- Is there a suggested enclosure? Again importing one will be expensive so if there was (ideally) a CAD drawing I could check with a local company. Would like some suggestions on how to spec the heat sinks on the side?

Thanks again.