• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For Salas SSLV1.3 Ultra-BIB

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Tea-bag,

One pos. will be used to provide 5V for TB's Buffalo-IIIsePro38. One pos. and one one pos. will be used to provide 15V for TB's MERCURY. Can you tell me about the purchase of R1 or other components that need to be purchased, or other special considerations?

The current of those devices is needed to give you a better idea of needed R1 Resistance level.

I am not aware of some report by anyone who had tried that yet. So let us know your results.
Know the choke's DCR to also anticipate its voltage drop at your CCS setting in the calculations.

Well.. Finally I could manage that try.

I had ordered same brand&type toroidal transformers (only voltage and current differs) to make this comparison.

First transformer is dual 18V encapsulated one with 80VA (2.2A secondary) for "standart" RC type filter.. Second transformer is dual 25V encapsulated one with 120VA (2.4A secondary) for "choke input" LC type filter..

Pos.and neg. SSLV1.3 boards were conf. to 15 Vdc out / 200mA bias for 80mA loads, powering my phono amp.. So the both transformers are pretty well oversized. Chokes I preffered are Hammond 159ZB (320mH / 600mA)

RC type one has 26Vdc just after rectifier, choke type has 22.5Vdc (after rectifier) and 21.2Vdc (at it's output) So I have ideally 6Vdc more... And did lots of homework and measurements about positioning of chokes which is very very importand because of its high magnetic stray.. Finally I have listened each case at least 1 week.

Sound of LC is simply better :) impressively relaxed and has more dynamics. have a bit more dark and deep soundstage, less distortion, more details, sweet mids, better bass slam and punch..
SSLV1.3 is alreary pretty amazing and with chokes I'm in heaven..
Thank you Salas & TeaBag..

Last edited: