• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas SSHV2 regulator

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Current stock has been depleted, but new GB is open!!

Hello,
The current GB for Salas boards is open until 4/30/2017. You must pay by then. If you signed up on the spreadsheet, I should have sent you a private message with details. If you have not received a private message, then send me one.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Joined 2006
Paid Member
DELAY!!

I am currently awaiting the boards arrival.

The board house unfortunately shipped the circuit boards to another country.
This is a first.

They were unable to get the customs department for that country to re-direct package to me. So the boards are back in production line.

I hope to ship the boards out in less than 2 weeks. My apologies for the delay.

The current GB for Salas boards ends tonight at 11:59PM 4/30/2017.

You must pay by then. If you signed up on the spreadsheet, I should have sent you a private message with details. If you have not received a private message, then send me one.

Hello guys,

I'm a newcomer to this thread and realize that the deadline for acquiring Salas' SSHV board has expired - maybe they're not even available again yet.

I wonder how long it will take for these to be available once more and how I should proceed for an eventual purchase.

Could you please give me some advice on the application in which I'm considering using this regulator?

I own a Kit One integrated amp from Audio Note and I'm looking for dedicated voltage regulators to be applied to its stages. (My amp has got an initial line stage which makes use of the 6SN7 and 5687 tubes (1st and 2nd stages respectively). These tubes are AC heated, while the power supply makes use of 5U4 tubes which run on high voltage. The output tubes are 300B's)

I don't know whether the Salas SSHV regulator would constitute an improvement to this amp; your opinion is welcome.

Thanks!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its not easy to foretell for any amp. Unless there is data for the amp's dynamic behavior.

First the reg must be set correctly for covering the max current swing of those two drive stages. For regulating the output stage its not adequate in power of course.

Then some amps respond well in regulating the rail for their driver stages when some others sound disjointed because their PSU sags too much for voltage during output stage large dynamics and the input stages go momentarily out of regulation since the minimum Vin-Vout of the regulator gets compromised. Sinking along than creating transients is preferable.