• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas Folded Simplistic Phono PCB

Hello Salas,

same trannies for the next group buy boards (2x15v / 1x30v)?

Are there any sonic drawbacks to be expected, if just using one transformer with two isolated secondaries?

Will order one or two custom made by Toroidy, as i have one in my Aleph build and am very pleased.

Many thanks
Rents

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Two transformers vs one with two isolated secondaries maybe little more wider sounding. Little. Depends on the quality of the brand too. The better made the less the difference between two and one core. When custom made you can even order 32V to have better margin if mains ever go somewhat low in a region. You are not confined to off the shelf 15+15=30.

Hi Salas,
I am building/finalizing my green board Folded Simplistic Phono section together with the raw PSU (that I bougt some years ago), I have two toroidal transformers, each being 18+18V 30VA, what Rd/Link resistors should I use in the raw board, is adove information vallid, 18+18 need 27R 3-5W for my green board design?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Salas,
I am building/finalizing my green board Folded Simplistic Phono section together with the raw PSU (that I bougt some years ago), I have two toroidal transformers, each being 18+18V 30VA, what Rd/Link resistors should I use in the raw board, is adove information vallid, 18+18 need 27R 3-5W for my green board design?

Maybe refering to the blue FSP board? Yes, 27R 3-5W Rd will work for those 18+18 transfos.

Speaking about transformers, the FSP guide stated 30VA for each transforme for a dual transformers setup. For a single transformer with dual secondaries for the UFSP, would a 2x32V at 50VA be sufficient or should I opt for 60VA or even 80A? Thinking of saving a bit on space and cost, since I am going to build two of them.